The MSc in Biology in Leiden offers a wealth of opportunities for students who are interested in molecular biosciences or in evolution, biodiversity and conservation.The Biology Institute at Leiden University
has a number of highly recognised research specialisations in evolution and molecular biology. The Institute of Environmental Sciences specialises in research in the area of conservation and sustainability.
Visit the website: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/biology/en/introduction
The availability of extensive invaluable biodiversity collections at the National Herbarium of the Netherlands, the famous Hortus botanicus, and the popular National Museum of Natural History ‘Naturalis’ contribute to an excellent environment for biologists in Leiden. Biology in Leiden is part of the Faculty of Science, providing ample opportunities for crossing borders with other science areas. Furthermore, the close proximity of the Bio Science Park with its many companies active in the (bio)medical field and the collaborations with the Leiden University
Medical Center expand the study possibilities enormously.
- Animal Sciences and Health
- Biology and Education
- Biology and Science Communication and Society
- Biology and Science-Based Business
- Evolution, Biodiversity and Conservation
- Microbial Biotechnology and Health
- Plant Sciences and Natural Products
Reasons to Choose Biology in Leiden:
- No less than five biological research institutes collaborate in the MSc programme in Leiden, giving it a very broad and diverse scope.
- The multi-disciplinary character of the programme is further increased through collaborations between our research groups and other biological and medical research institutions.
- All MSc specialisations combine a solid educational programme with the focus on hands-on research, providing a balanced training.
- Biology in Leiden offers an international academic environment and world-class research.
- In Leiden, you can combine training in biological research with training in communication, education and science-based business.
How to apply: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/arrange/admission
For information regarding funding, please visit the website: http://prospectivestudents.leiden.edu/scholarships
A bachelor’s degree from a university, equivalent to the level of a Dutch academic bachelor’s degree, or demonstrate to meet the requirements for such a degree. Sufficient command of English (IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 100 (internet-based) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)). This language requirement does not apply if you have: completed your education in Canada (except Quebec), USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia, or an International Baccalaureate, or a Dutch VWO-diploma.