In Systematic Theology you explore the doctrinal dimensions of theology. Compulsory module: Revelation & Reason. Leads to research in the Department of Theology or careers in teaching, journalism or the church.
- King's has unparalleled resources in Theology with strength across two departments. It has one of the largest Systematic Theology research institutes in Europe, employing five full-time systematicians and numerous other full-time staff in related fields.
- A thriving graduate research environment supports a long-standing systematics seminar which draws in leading scholars from home and overseas and also offers students the opportunity to hone their skills in a supportive educational environment.
- Students of Theology at King's find themselves at the centre of one of the world's most dynamic cities, which offers all kinds of opportunities for theological engagement as well as unparalleled access to specialist libraries and other resources in central London.
- Originally an Anglican founding college of the University of London, King's has had a unique place in shaping the theology of the future for some two hundred years. It continues to provide a vibrant, inter-denominational environment for theological education and research, and enjoys extensive contacts and collaboration both with Church institutions and communities in London, as well as other theological centres.
Visit the website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/systematic-theology-ma.aspx
- Description -
‘Systematic Theology’ offers the opportunity to study Theology in depth. In times of change, the need to think through the fundamentals of Christian Theology - or how theology works - has never been more pressing. We attract students from Europe and the US, and from the new and thriving contexts of world Christianity. It is an inter-confessional course which is rigorous and inclusive, and which delivers a uniquely comprehensive study of Theology. The programme includes philosophical theology, biblical theology, practical theology, historical theology, ethics and the arts, as well as doctrine. It also has a strong 'this-worldly' focus, and a concern with studying how Theology matters in different Christian contexts. Over more than twenty years, ‘Systematic Theology’ at King’s has developed a unique international brand, offering highly respected training in theological skills for those concerned at all levels in the life of the Churches and across the spectrum of Christian traditions. Compulsory module: The Foundations of Theology: Forms and Fields. Leads to research in the Department of Theology or careers in teaching, journalism or the church.
- Course purpose -
For those who wish to develop their skills in Systematic Theology or to prepare for postgraduate research in the discipline. An introduction to aspects of the methods and content of Christian theology.
- Course format and assessment -
Taught core and optional modules assessed by coursework and/or examination plus a dissertation.
Research in the Department of Theology & Religious Studies; teaching; journalism; careers in the church.
How to apply: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/taught-courses.aspx
About Postgraduate Study at King’s College London:
To study for a postgraduate degree at King’s College London is to study at the city’s most central university and at one of the top 20 universities worldwide (2015/16 QS World Rankings). Graduates will benefit from close connections with the UK’s professional, political, legal, commercial, scientific and cultural life, while the excellent reputation of our MA and MRes programmes ensures our postgraduate alumni are highly sought after by some of the world’s most prestigious employers. We provide graduates with skills that are highly valued in business, government, academia and the professions.
Scholarships & Funding:
All current PGT offer-holders and new PGT applicants are welcome to apply for the scholarships. For more information and to learn how to apply visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources
Free language tuition with the Modern Language Centre:
If you are studying for any postgraduate taught degree at King’s you can take a module from a choice of over 25 languages without any additional cost. Visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/mlc