For practising lawyers, regulators, academics or if you have a specific need for knowledge in this area. Modules: UK Copyright Law I; UK Copyright Law II & US Copyright Law; French & German Copyright Law; EU & International Copyright Law.
- Gives an in-depth insight into the general principles and practice of copyright law.
- Programme materials written by experts in the field.
- Can be studied anywhere in the world by distance learning.
- Located in the heart of legal London.
Visit the website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/uk-eu-and-us-copyright-law-ma-pg-dip.aspx
- Description -
The following topics are included in the syllabus (not every topic will be offered each year):
- The law of copyright in the general context of intellectual property.
- General introduction to the principles of copyright law both in copyright and continental systems.
- Copyright in its national, regional and international context (including Copyright Conventions and the TRIPS Agreement).
- The work of the European Commission in its Copyright Harmonisation Programme.
- The subject matter of copyright and related rights.
- Authorship and ownership (including the position regarding employees).
- Duration of copyright; exclusive rights.
- Parallel imports.
- Civil and criminal remedies.
- Dealings with copyright.
- Moral rights.
- Performers' rights.
- Copyright and designs.
- Copyright, competition and Community law.
- UK and US law in detail and French and German law in outline.
- Research methods.
- Course purpose -
For practising lawyers, regulators, academics and those with a specific need for knowledge of EU Copyright and related law. To provide a general understanding of the substantive rules of EU law concerning copyright and related matters and the relation between domestic copyright protection and EU law.
- Course format and assessment -
Compulsory assignments and examination for the Postgraduate Diploma. MA: dissertation.
This programme enables practitioners to further progress in their chosen profession.
How to apply: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/taught-courses.aspx
To study for a postgraduate degree at King’s College London
is to study at the city’s most central university and at one of the top 20 universities worldwide (2015/16 QS World Rankings). Graduates will benefit from close connections with the UK’s professional, political, legal, commercial, scientific and cultural life, while the excellent reputation of our MA and MRes programmes ensures our postgraduate alumni are highly sought after by some of the world’s most prestigious employers. We provide graduates with skills that are highly valued in business, government, academia and the professions.
Scholarships & Funding:
All current PGT offer-holders and new PGT applicants are welcome to apply for the scholarships. For more information and to learn how to apply visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources
Free language tuition with the Modern Language Centre:
If you are studying for any postgraduate taught degree at King’s you can take a module from a choice of over 25 languages without any additional cost. Visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/mlc