International Corporate and Commercial Law LLM will give you an ability to understand, analyse, solve problems and practice law in the corporate and commercial environment today, based on the most advanced legal thinking emanating from the experience of major legal systems and international and transnational law regimes. The programme is also based on the view that an understanding of corporate and commercial law is inseparable from an understanding of the economic context in which it operates. Taught entirely online, the programme offers maximum flexibility by allowing you to fit learning in around your other commitments.
- The Dickson Poon School of Law at King’s College London
is recognized globally as one of the best law schools in the world. It ranks top in the Research Excellence Framework (2014), seventh in the UK (Guardian University league tables 2015: Law, and 17th worldwide (2015/16 QS World Rankings by subject).
- As the programme is taught online, you are able to fit learning in around your other commitments, allowing you maximum flexibility.
- We have strong connections with some of the world’s leading legal firms and international employers; you will have the opportunity to study modules designed by some of the world’s foremost academics.
- The School has been pioneering a distinctly transnational legal perspective in legal research and teaching and has an international reputation for excellence in this area.
Visit the website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/international-corporate-and-commercial-law-llm-pg-dip-pg-cert.aspx
- Description -
On successful completion of the programme, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- A number of key areas of corporate and commercial law and an ability to analyse, critically assess the state of the law in these areas and propose legal reform where necessary.
- How to apply the law to a wide variety of factual settings, and gain an understanding of the relationship between the law and the surrounding commercial and corporate contexts.
- Research skills that allow students to identify and use primary and secondary source materials relating to the modules covered in the programme.
- An ability to show originality in the application of knowledge, and a critical awareness of current problems and new insights in the modules covered in the programme, as well as enabling you to evaluate critically current research and scholarship in the area of law.
- Course purpose -
The online International Corporate and Commercial Law LLM allows you to gain an in-depth understanding of and expertise in a number of key areas of corporate and commercial law as well as the skills and analytical tools to apply, analyse and think critically about these areas of the law. The corporate and commercial worlds and activities today are highly complex, sophisticated and dynamic and are increasingly global in their character. These features of modern corporate and commercial realities are similarly reflected in the areas governing them. The thematic structuring of the programme with reference to a life cycle of a corporate body allows you to develop a systematic understanding of corporate and commercial law and of the relationship between many of the courses covered in the programme; this provides a good balance between breadth and depth of coverage.
Learning online wherever you are allows you to benefit from King’s College London
’s world-class teaching which is driven by a strong sense of commercial realism and explore linkages, synergies and interactions between the law and the surrounding corporate and commercial contexts.
- Course format and assessment -
- Discussion board participation
- Case studies
- Open book examination
- Formative assessment: self-assessment quizzes and/or essays
- Video lectures
-Reading and self-directed learning guided by appropriate reading lists
How to apply: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/taught-courses.aspx
To study for a postgraduate degree at King’s College London
is to study at the city’s most central university and at one of the top 20 universities worldwide (2015/16 QS World Rankings). Graduates will benefit from close connections with the UK’s professional, political, legal, commercial, scientific and cultural life, while the excellent reputation of our MA and MRes programmes ensures our postgraduate alumni are highly sought after by some of the world’s most prestigious employers. We provide graduates with skills that are highly valued in business, government, academia and the professions.
Scholarships & Funding:
All current PGT offer-holders and new PGT applicants are welcome to apply for the scholarships. For more information and to learn how to apply visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources
Free language tuition with the Modern Language Centre:
If you are studying for any postgraduate taught degree at King’s you can take a module from a choice of over 25 languages without any additional cost. Visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/mlc