The first programme of its kind in the UK, combining biological and medical science with business, law and bioethics. Designed to develop expertise in the biological, commercial and regulatory aspects of cellular therapy, along with its application in biomedicine. Equips students to pursue a business-based career in cellular therapy or related disciplines.
- Work alongside leaders in the field at King’s Centre for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine – a focal point in the UK for cutting edge research in this field.
- Produce credible business plans for the application of cellular therapy in clinical settings, taking into consideration science, patient benefits, ethical code, regulations and market laws.
- Learn to conduct investigations, analyse the results using various qualitative and quantitative methods and draw valid conclusions for commercialisation of cellular therapy.
- Mentoring sessions by King’s academics and external guests
- Outstanding networking opportunities with leaders in the field (scientists, biotechnology/pharma, financial services, stem cell manufacturing, regulatory and public sectors)
Visit the website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/cellular-therapy-from-bench-to-market-msc.aspx
The programme is designed to develop expertise in the biological, commercial and regulatory aspects of cellular therapy, along with its application in the various fields of biomedicine. Students will be equipped to pursue a business-based career in cellular therapy or related discipline.
Cellular therapies have attracted much interest in recent years in virtually all disciplines of medicine with over 2,700 clinical trials enrolled between 2000 and 2010. As of today, http://www.clinicaltrials.gov
has over 27,800 registered cellular therapy clinical trials. The complexity of issues relating to cell manufacturing, the underlying regulatory framework, reimbursement and viable business models, each represent challenges that profoundly undermine the timing and the delivery of a viable healthcare model.Our programme will provide tools that aid the understanding of these complex issues within an integrated and commercial context.
- Course purpose -
- To equip students to pursue a business-based career in cellular therapy or a related discipline, especially in areas involving medical applications.
- To educate the students to understand the biological, regulatory and business aspects of cellular therapy, along with their application in the various fields of biomedicine.
- To develop ability to conduct investigations, analyse the results using various qualitative and quantitative methods and draw valid conclusions for the commercialisation of cellular therapy.
- To stimulate critical, analytical problem-solving abilities and evidence-based decision making in the commercial aspects of cellular therapy.
- Course format and assessment -
Students are mainly assessed by coursework, reports, class tests, poster, oral presentations and development of a credible business plan. There is a formal exam for one optional module
With a strong participation of professionals from both industry and business sectors, we will prepare students for careers in business development, and commercialisation of stem cells products and services. Students may also wish to pursue a career in research.
How to apply: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/taught-courses.aspx
To study for a postgraduate degree at King’s College London
is to study at the city’s most central university and at one of the top 20 universities worldwide (2015/16 QS World Rankings). Graduates will benefit from close connections with the UK’s professional, political, legal, commercial, scientific and cultural life, while the excellent reputation of our MA and MRes programmes ensures our postgraduate alumni are highly sought after by some of the world’s most prestigious employers. We provide graduates with skills that are highly valued in business, government, academia and the professions.
Scholarships & Funding:
All current PGT offer-holders and new PGT applicants are welcome to apply for the scholarships. For more information and to learn how to apply visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources
Free language tuition with the Modern Language Centre:
If you are studying for any postgraduate taught degree at King’s you can take a module from a choice of over 25 languages without any additional cost. Visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/mlc