Analytical Toxicology enables students to gain detailed knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of analytical toxicology and its application.
- A unique programme that integrates both clinical and forensic toxicology with analytical science.
- Programme content has been developed in consultation with both national and international experts in the field of clinical and forensic toxicology.
- A strong practical element which includes a research project carried out either in industry or within a King’s laboratory, for example, in King’s Drug Control Centre.
Visit the website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/analytical-toxicology-msc.aspx
- Programme modules:
Principles of Analytical Toxicology
Clinical & Forensic Toxicology
Advanced Analytical Toxicology
Analytical Research Project
- Course purpose -
To provide graduates with a detailed knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of analytical toxicology and its application to the best standards of clinical and forensic practice.
- Course format and assessment -
Four taught modules, providing a firm theoretical and practical (laboratory) training in specialist skills. Also an in-depth laboratory-based research project. The assessment of the taught modules is by written examination paper and coursework (practical reports, case studies, poster and oral presentations, essays). The research project is judged on the basis of a written report, poster presentation and mini viva voce.
Expected career paths include analytical and supervisory roles within government and private institutions.
Why study at King's:
• Internationally renowned clinicians and academics
• Largest provider of healthcare professional training in Europe
• Links with industry, health services and policy makers
• Clinical attachment with the best teaching hospitals as part of King’s Health Partners http://www.kingshealthpartners.org
• Integrated inter-professional learning throughout the courses
• Our graduates are highly sought after nationally and internationally
• King’s College London
is ranked equal 19th university in the world (2015 QS World University Rankings)
• Located in the heart of London.
To study for a postgraduate degree at King’s College London
is to study at the city’s most central university and at one of the top 20 universities worldwide (2015/16 QS World Rankings). Graduates will benefit from close connections with the UK’s professional, political, legal, commercial, scientific and cultural life, while the excellent reputation of our MA and MRes programmes ensures our postgraduate alumni are highly sought after by some of the world’s most prestigious employers. We provide graduates with skills that are highly valued in business, government, academia and the professions.
Scholarships & Funding:
All current PGT offer-holders and new PGT applicants are welcome to apply for the scholarships. For more information and to learn how to apply visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources
Free language tuition with the Modern Language Centre:
If you are studying for any postgraduate taught degree at King’s you can take a module from a choice of over 25 languages without any additional cost. Visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/mlc
How to apply: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/taught-courses.aspx