An innovative programme offering dental practitioners with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide high quality functional dental restorations with optimal aesthetic value. Focused on providing dental care where there is a clinical need to restore oral health and function, the course also covers cosmetic and facial techniques.
The face-to-face training takes place in London.
• Renowned centre of international excellence for teaching and research, part of the Russell Group
• Pioneers of teaching dentistry through a blended learning approach, with over 20 years’ experience
• 19 days of intensive, Face to face tuition in Years One and Two where students will learn and practice contemporary clinical techniques, with an emphasis on hands-on, practical training, delivered using world class training facilities
• Course material, (text and practical) delivered by a team of highly experienced clinical tutors and academics, many of whom are world-leaders in their respective field
• Multi-authored course text material key delivered online in a comprehensive modular format, supported by copious references and access to institutional library facilities
• Online support by the means of regular webinars and tutorials presented by core staff and subject based expert tutors
• Contributes towards continuing professional development (CPD, with over 70 verifiable hours per year), allowing learning with reduced disruption to daily practicing routines
• Opportunity to network with other Distance Learning students and Core Academic Staff.
Visit the website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/aesthetic-dentistry-msc.aspx
This course is suited to dentists who have an established dental practice and are seeking to gain knowledge of an evidence-based approach to aesthetic treatment. The programme director, Dr. Subir Banerji, has helped many dental graduates, both nationally and internationally, to achieve their postgraduate goals, broadening their horizons and delivery of dental care.
A team of highly experienced administrative and support staff provide dedicated support to students. Combined with the use of a comprehensive online educational delivery system, this allows students to continually interact with staff and colleagues, to further enhance their learning experience. Partial completion or early exit may result in the award of a Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma.
- Intensive Face-to-Face Course
To supplement your online teaching you will also receive hands-on clinical training at our training centres in the UK. Designated tutors are present to offer expert guidance to students on complex dental procedures.
LonDEC, a King's College London Dental Institute postgraduate teaching centre, provides delegates with some of the finest hands-on dental teaching facilities available in the UK and Europe. The teaching sessions provide the supporting face-to-face tuition in clinical skills. Designated tutors are present to supply expert guidance to students on complex dental procedures.
- Course format and assessment
This master's programme is assessed through a combination of assignments, written examinations, clinical case presentations and a dissertation. In the first two years, most modules within the programme are assessed by a combination of 60 per cent written examination and 40 per cent written assignments.
For each module, you must complete a self-assessment exercise, a formative assignment and a final summative essay/assignment, to be entered into the end of year written examination. Exams can be taken in London or, for overseas students, at centres in the student's country of residence. If you fail an examination at the first sitting, you will be permitted one further attempt.
During years one and two, clinical work is also undertaken which is assessed by submission of clinical case presentations. In the final year, you will be allocated a supervisor and undertake a dissertation or project between January and September. The dissertation provides the mark for Year 3.
It is expected that graduates will continue in general practice offering a higher standard of clinical care with an increased confidence and ability. They might also use the programme to enter independent practice.
How to apply: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/fees-and-funding/index.aspx