The Programme focuses on areas that have major practical and theoretical application such as: investment analysis and management, portfolio creation and management, investment and commercial banking, asset and risk management, mergers and acquisitions, financial derivatives, quantitative financial analysis, taxation and banking regulation.
- Our programme provides you with a thorough knowledge of the main components of commercial and investment banking, and the changing structure of the international financial industry, aiming to maximise your employment prospects.
- The director of the programme and his research group have a successful and long track record of developing innovative and challenging postgraduate programmes across the University of London in the area of finance.
- The programme is taught by widely respected academics in an internationally renowned department with impressive institutional links and challenging practitioners with extensive and wide ranging experience in the finance industry, providing invaluable contributions to the teaching of the modules and bringing theory into practice.
- Close links and regular speakers from financial organisations give you insights and up-to-the-minute knowledge of the subject area, and bring practical insights into the classroom by applying the theory to real-world scenarios.
- Our department is located in the heart of London and it has a strong reputation for research-led teaching and strong links to industry, the perfect mix for building your finance career.
- Our programme is most suitable if you have some quantitative background in either finance and/or economics or have a degree with some quantitative elements.
Visit the website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/banking-and-finance-msc.aspx
- Description -
Our programme focuses on such areas that have major practical and theoretical application as: investment analysis and management, portfolio creation and management, investment and commercial banking, asset and risk management, mergers and acquisitions, financial derivatives, quantitative financial analysis, taxation and banking regulation.
Your employability is the main focus for a number of such unique characteristics of the programme as the participation of active senior finance industry practitioners in the teaching of a large proportion of the modules, the provision of many additional ungraded modules that enhance understanding of financial markets and the possibility of internships in financial firms.
- Course purpose -
Our new MSc is aimed at you if you are a student or professional wishing to work in the finance and banking industry and is designed to equip you for a wide range of careers in these industries. Our programme is built upon the philosophy of maximising your employability, an aim reached through a number of unique characteristics that the programme provides:
(1) The directors of the programme have a successful and long track record of developing innovative postgraduate programmes in London;
(2) The participation of active senior finance industry practitioners in the teaching of a large proportion of the modules;
(3) The provision of many additional, ungraded modules that enhance the understanding of financial markets and the use of financial tools;
(4) The extensive use of such state-of-art technologies as industry-standard softwares and datasets, and a virtual trading floor;
(5) The opportunity of internships for the most promising students.
- Course format and assessment -
Throughout the programme you are assessed by a variety of methods, including written examinations, coursework and individual or group projects, and presentations for the taught modules. The dissertation submitted in September each year is worth 60 credits.
To study for a postgraduate degree at King’s College London
is to study at the city’s most central university and at one of the top 20 universities worldwide (2015/16 QS World Rankings). Graduates will benefit from close connections with the UK’s professional, political, legal, commercial, scientific and cultural life, while the excellent reputation of our MA and MRes programmes ensures our postgraduate alumni are highly sought after by some of the world’s most prestigious employers. We provide graduates with skills that are highly valued in business, government, academia and the professions.
Scholarships & Funding:
All current PGT offer-holders and new PGT applicants are welcome to apply for the scholarships. For more information and to learn how to apply visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources
Free language tuition with the Modern Language Centre:
If you are studying for any postgraduate taught degree at King’s you can take a module from a choice of over 25 languages without any additional cost. Visit: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/mlc
How to apply: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/taught-courses.aspx