Sustainably managing the environment presents both real challenges and new opportunities. The environment and its relationship with human activity need to be carefully, creatively, and cooperatively managed.
Countries around the world have acknowledged a ‘skills gap’ in their work force. Acquiring green technical skills and green managerial skills will be essential for the leaders and managers of the forthcoming transition to a green economy.
The Master in Environmental Management is a 10-month full-time program located at IE’s lively campus in the heart of Madrid. This interdisciplinary program prepares students in each of four core areas necessary for career success: (1) Environmental Business, Economics, and Policy, (2) Environmental Science, (3) Professional Research & Analytics, and (4) Leadership.
After graduating, students pursue high-impact and exciting careers in environmental management, such as consulting, risk analysis, resource management, eco-innovation, green business, corporate social responsibility, communications, policy analysis and research, or lobbying and advocacy.
The program consists of four core areas, each includes topics designed to provide students with the knowledge and practical skills they need to pursue a successful career. Courses from each area overlap across the 10 months, and are supplemented with leadership training so that students develop these skills throughout the program.
Environmental Business, Economics, and Policy
Developing interdisciplinary skills and perspectives to innovate, manage, and lead positive impact and change.
• Environmental Economics • Renewable Energy Business • Green Business Entrepreneurship • World Economy • Corporate Environmental Management • Governmental Environmental Management • Environmental Communication • Environment & Development • Environmental Policy & Decision Making • Environmental Law
Understanding core areas of environmental science and how science can drive sustainability in business, economics and policy.
• Climate Change • Water Resource Management • Ecological Health • Food Systems and Global Change
Professional Analytics and Research
Gathering, analyzing and presenting data to influence and to drive decision making.
• Applied Statistics • Data Analysis & Visualization • Public Participation & Decision Making • Research Methods • Geospatial Analysis
It is a practical experience working with businesses, governments, non-governmental organizations or a business idea of your own.
Developing the ability to influence people and mobilize resources to achieve results.
• Leadership and Behavior • Teamwork • Influence and Persuasion • Decision Making • Negotiation • Communication • Career Strategies
To be considered for admission, a candidate should provide the following:
- Evidence of completion of a Bachelor degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university. - One-page CV - Two letters of recommendation - Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish) - English language certificate for non-native English speakers (Cambridge Proficiency, TOEFL, IELTS, EOI). A certificate is not required if you completed an undergraduate degree in English - Photocopy of current passport - One passport-size photo - Duly completed application form, including all supporting documents - Application fee 120€ (non-refundable and payable by credit card or cash)
Admissions works on a rolling process and as such there is no deadline for applications for a particular intake. However, given the limited number of places on the program, we recommend that you initiate the application process many months or even a year in advance.
IE School of Social and Behavioral Sciences will verify application information as needed and reserves the right to deny candidates admission at any point of the application process if a discrepancy between the self-reported information and information provided through verification is noted.
See course description
€19,200 (this includes a 1,200€ contribution to the IE Foundation)
Recipient: IE University
Insert previous message below for editing?
You haven’t included a message. Providing a specific message means universities will take your enquiry more seriously and helps them provide the information you need. Why not add a message here