The two-year Master's programme is meant for students who are fascinated by the complexity of human movement. You will study human movement from multiple perspectives, using theories from Medicine, Biology, Mathematics and Behavioural Sciences.
In this programme, you will acquire an advanced theoretical understanding of human movement. You will also gain research skills and professional skills, learning to apply your knowledge in a practical setting.
The programme has two central themes. In 'motor function and cognition in healthy ageing' you will explore how physical activity and innovative solutions can prevent chronic diseases, and preserve cognitive function. You will also study slow aging. In 'rehabilitation and functional recovery' you will improve your understanding of impaired movement and the restoration of functioning in rehabilitation practices.
It is possible to do a crossover between the Master's programmes in Human Movement Sciences and Sport Sciences.
Why in Groningen?
- Science-based multidisciplinary 2-year program - Provides academic, research, and applied/professional skills in ambitious academic medical research working environment - Opportunity to continue in a Human Movement Science Master-PhD trajectory
After graduation, you can continue your academic career in a PhD trajectory or perform research at health care research institutes. In addition, you can consult at rehabilitation centres, hospitals and specialized care facilities. It is also possible to evaluate and develop ergonomic or orthopaedic products or to develop health and welfare policies for government agencies. With a teacher's certificate you can work as a lecturer in education.
- Developer Evaluate and develop ergonomic or orthopedic products in/or outside industry
- Researcher Study for a PhD or perform research at health care research centers
- Consultant Consult at rehabilitation centers, hospitals, or specialized care facilities
- Teacher/lecturer Teacher/Lecturer of health and exercise science in Higher Education
- Policy Officer Develop health and welfare policies for government agencies