Unlike other Master programmes in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics, the focus in Witten is on the sound academic analysis of real-life problems in an increasingly interconnected world. The challenges facing modern society transcend academic disciplines as well as national boundaries. The problem scenarios we observe today are undisciplined in this sense, and therefore require consistently interdisciplinary approaches. In the highly complex society of the 21st century, it will need people with a generalistic background in economics, politics and philosophy to offer sustainable solutions for the future. The Master PPE in Witten is a tailor-made programme for any career in leading positions at the interface of politics, economics and (civil) society.
Who should study PPE? And what happens afterwards?
- You will find career prospects in a range of political and social fields, NGOs, management, further education, personnel and organization development, economic and political consulting.
- You will have career options in institutions that demand a high level of analytical competence at the interface between economics and politics.
- The Master programme PPE also provides a basis for academic research on topics at the boundaries between economic and political sciences, as well as in political and economic philosophy
Training for critical thinkers
- You start your PPE-studies at one of Germany’s most prestigious departments of economics.
- You enjoy excellent education and training, personal supervision, freedom and flexibility.
- You can be certain to be trained in critical thinking.
Our target group:
- smart minds
- dedicated personalities
- original and unconventional thinkers
- generalists with an interdisciplinary background and specialization competences; future change makers, social entrepreneurs, political consultants, researchers and other problem solvers
- individuals who strive to grasp complex situations at the theoretical level and find smart and sustainable solutions in practice.
The Master programme is suitable for:
- Graduates of economics
- Graduates of political science
- Graduates of humanities
- Graduates of social science
- Graduates of philosophy, politics, and economics
- Graduates of related interdisciplinary programmes