The Department of Systems Science and Industrial Engineering (SSIE) offers students the opportunity to examine complex systems in industry and manufacturing settings, healthcare environments and society in general as they study areas ranging from intelligent systems and fuzzy logic to supply chain management and human factors.
The program encourages faculty and students to work in teams, gathering different perspectives as they problem-solve, create and learn both within the department and through interdisciplinary collaboration across the various divisions of engineering, business and industry.
Recent doctoral graduate placements include: Assistant Professor at Tennessee Technological University, Research Associate at NSC Technology, Senior Engineer at Alta Devices, Process Engineer at BAE Systems, Senior Business Analyst at the Mayo Clinic, Research Engineer at General Electric Global Research, Assistant Professor at Hashemite University, Senior Consultant at Cardinal Health.
MS in Industrial and Systems Engineering- With optional health systems concentration
All applicants must submit the following:
- Online graduate degree application and application fee
- Transcripts from each college/university which you have attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (2-3 pages) describing your reasons for pursuing graduate study, your career aspirations, your special interests within your field, and any unusual features of your background that might need explanation or be of interest to your program's admissions committee.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Official GRE scores
And, for international applicants:
- International Student Financial Statement form
- Official bank statement/proof of support
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic scores