All graduate students in chemical and biological engineering are required to pass the following core graduate courses:
- CHE 551 Advanced Thermodynamics I
- CHE 552 Transport Phenomena
- CHE 553 Computation in Chemical Engineering
- CHE 554 Chemical Reaction Engineering
Visit the website http://che.eng.ua.edu/graduate/ms-program/
MASTER OF SCIENCE–THESIS OPTION (PLAN I):
30 CREDIT HOURS
Candidates for the master’s degree under Plan I must earn a minimum of 24 semester hours of credit in coursework and write a thesis (a minimum of 6 semester hours of thesis research required).
- A minimum of 24 credit hours of coursework is required.
- A minimum of 6 hours of thesis research is required.
- A student’s curriculum and thesis must be approved by the student’s graduate advisory committee. The student must pass a final comprehensive examination, which is typically a presentation and defense of the thesis. In addition, the student must satisfy all University requirements defined in the current edition of The University of Alabama Graduate Catalog.
MASTER OF SCIENCE–NON-THESIS OPTION (PLAN II):
30 CREDIT HOURS
Candidates for the master’s degree under Plan II must earn a minimum of 30 semester hours of credit and complete a culminating or “capstone experience” as described below.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours of coursework is required.
- A student’s curriculum must be approved by the student’s graduate advisory committee. The graduate advisory committee must also approve the submission of a manuscript, authored or co-authored by the candidate, to a refereed journal or conference proceeding. This publication submission shall constitute The University of Alabama Graduate School culminating experience requirement for an MS Plan II degree in chemical and biological engineering.
Find out how to apply here - http://graduate.ua.edu/prospects/application/