This program meets the growing needs of the tourism industry to shape high skilled and knowledgeable professionals, so that they can assume leading roles in the management of tourism organizations. The program blends the requisite specialist operational knowledge and skills, with advanced managerial competencies, in order to educate the new generation of tourism executives. It emphasizes the cross-cultural, moral, ethical, institutional and environmental issues in the management of tourism organizations, while covering all specialized business and operational skills. The strategic partnership with Costa Navarino and a series of events in collaboration with key tourism players throughout the program, as well as a well-organized internship process strongly support the development of a professional network and increase considerably the employability of students upon graduation.
The tourism sector fuels growth and job creation around the world, at sustained pace, according to the World Tourism Organization:
- Represents approximately 9% of the global economy.
- Has created approximately 69 million new jobs in the past 10 years.
The Greek tourism industry is one of the most dynamic fields of employment in the country, according to SETE, the Association of Greek Tourism Enterprises:
- Represents 17.3% of the country’s GDP.
- Supports 18.3% of total domestic employment, directly employing nearly 700.000 people across all skill levels.
Key features of the program
- Weekday classes between 18:00 – 22:00, twice a week on average for part-time mode.
- A 12-month program (24-month program for part-time mode).
- 14 core modules and 2 workshops
- Assessment: group reports/presentations, case study analysis, mid-term tests, final exams
- Dissertation or Internship (in Greece or abroad)
The MSc in Tourism Management is designed for:
- Entrepreneurs in tourism business.
- Members of family tourism business.
- Young professionals in hospitality, tour operators, tour guides, travel agencies (air, land and sea), event and conference organizers, cruise makers, leisure and entertainment organizers, real estate developers.
- International Recognition: Accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- The quality and academic standing of its faculty, both resident and visiting.
- Academic rigor with practical know-how: Academic courses are combined with specialized workshops by leading industry experts, tailored to address realistic technological and management challenges in travel, destination, tour guide, event, conference, leisure and entertainment management.
- Strategic Partnership with Costa Navarino: Specialized workshops by Costa Navarino professionals, tailored to address challenges in hospitality and destination management. Three-day visit at The Westin Resort Costa Navarino, located at the first resort area in Costa Navarino. Costa Navarino is the prime, sustainable destination in Messinia, southwest Peloponnese, encompassing luxury resort hotels, high-end residences, a new golf destination, spa, sports & leisure facilities, as well as authentic cultural experiences.
- Internship: Opportunity to spend three months at the heart of the tourism season at a number of tourism organizations. Internship at Costa Navarino offers c.v. inclusion into a global employment database and access to the most exciting online and classroom training programs.
- Ideal location: The program is offered in Greece, a country with a long-lasting tradition in tourism. Part of the program will be offered on the ALBA campus at the heart of Athens.
- Links to the industry: Students will benefit from the close links between ALBA and the Greek tourism community.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Identify new trends and the requirements of employers, and adapt and respond effectively.
- Provide outstanding service along international standards and manage successfully the complexities of the tourism industry.
- Command the theory and practice in all aspects of running a tourism business: strategy, finance, marketing, operations, human resources.
- Contribute to the management and organization of: hospitality, travel, destination, event, conference, leisure, entertainment and real estate development.
- Handle the internal IT systems and online media channels necessary for digital marketing and operations.