Air and Space Law is an intensive one-year Advanced Master’s at the internationally acclaimed Leiden Law School of Leiden University. This unique programme offers a combination of public air law, private air law and space law, both from an international and a European perspective.
Visit the website: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/air-and-space-law/en/introduction
The Leiden Air and Space Law programme is unique. Our teaching and research has a clearly defined European dimension and is in line with the highest academic standards. At the same time, the programme focuses on professional applications, particularly through its internship requirements.
The International Institute of Air and Space Law (IIASL), which houses this advanced master’s specialisation, is one of the leading international academic research and teaching institutes in this field. The Institute maintains close relations with national and international organisations and institutions worldwide and enjoys the guidance of a prestigious International Advisory Board.
This programme is specifically designed for:
• law graduates wishing to pursue a challenging advanced master’s study at postgraduate level, possibly followed by a PhD position;
• legal practitioners in internationally operating law firms, private companies (e.g. airlines, aircraft parts manufacturers), civil aviation authorities, telecommunications authorities, international and regional organisations and representatives from governments wishing to specialise in the area of air and space law.
The courses in Leiden’s Air and Space Law programme are taught by the International Institute of Air and Space Law’s expert faculty, visiting international professors and distinguished legal practitioners specialised in specific aspects of air and space law. We encourage an intensive interaction between students and teachers, typically resulting in greater involvement on the side of the students and, consequently, better results for you as a student.
As a student of Air and Space Law, you will benefit from:
• the Institute’s proximity to relevant European and international organisations and institutions such as the EU, the International Court of Justice, the European Space Agency (ESA, ESTEC), Eurocontrol, the Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA) and the UN COPUOS;
• frequent visits to these and other organisations and institutions with the aim to closely follow their activities and to expand your personal network;
• the International Advisory Board, some of whose members teach in the programme, and who can be of great help to build your network;
• the extensive library of the International Institute of Air and Space;
• the proximity of the Peace Palace in The Hague, which has a library with one of the world’s largest legal collections.
After completion of the scheduled lectures (in May),you will undertake a 6-8 week internship in an institution dealing with either air or space law, often located beyond the Dutch border. Blended learning students are not required to complete an internship.
This Leiden advanced master’s programme, offered by the Law School’s renowned International Institute of Air and Space Law, is optimally designed to suit requirements for professional positions.
Career options include:
• positions in law firms or in consulting firms with an aviation and space law practice;
• positions at legal departments of airports and airlines, aerospace companies;
• positions at civil aviation authorities;
• positions at ministries of transportation;
• positions in academia.
We are proud that most of our graduates find a high-level job soon after, and often before, graduation.
How to apply: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/arrange/admission
For information regarding funding, please visit the website: http://prospectivestudents.leiden.edu/scholarships