The Master’s Programme in Accounting and Finance (MAccFin) enables you to view financial corporate management from an integrative perspective. Our programme is characterized by its proximity to entrepreneurial practice: topical and relevant issues with the corresponding case-related approaches to solutions play as important a role in day-to-day studies as do reputed guest lecturers and close cooperation with selected companies. The MAccFin programme thus creates optimal conditions for a successful career start.
The Master’s Programme in Accounting and Finance (MAccFin) prepares you for responsible activities in the field of financial corporate management. No matter whether you look at it from the perspective of a consultant, a controller, an auditor or a banker:
• you analyse an organisation’s sustainable financial and earning power and issue recommendations for further development;
• you deal with the requirements imposed by the capital market and the regulators;
• you create M&A processes;
• you conduct a value-oriented assessment of the profitability of customers, distribution channels and brands, as well as drawing up alternative action scenarios;
• you conduct management performance assessments and create incentive-compatible management instruments. Financial management thus includes a systematic and reliable record of corporate performance, as well as reporting for the attention of investors and other stakeholders.
We would like to provide you with the wherewithal for an exciting and unique career. As a MAccFin graduate, you will not only have the necessary theoretical foundation but also be conversant with practice-oriented project work, positioning and opinion-leadership, as well as being involved in the production of solutions and decisions. MAccFin graduates find themselves in responsible positions in big and smaller corporations, on all continents, with responsibility in line functions, project management or consultancy, and as entrepreneurs. Typically, our graduates opt for business consultancy, investment banking, auditing (MAccFin credits will be credited to your auditor training) or a junior position in the finance department of a reputable firm. These starting positions are used as a stepping stone for growth with regard to functions, competence, responsibility, projects and leadership. Alternatively you can remain at university and opt for a doctorate and thus for further specialisation in your field in order to embark on an academic career.
The programme is offered in German and in English.