Start date: 25th September 2017
Application deadline: 25th August 2017
Study the leading university qualification on marine insurance, law, the market and claims. It equips you with the knowledge to better understand the way marine insurance markets function and the terms of the standard covers available.
This Postgraduate Diploma in Marine Insurance will:
• Boost your ability to address, analyse and solve insurance problems
• Look at matters from the perspective of assurers or underwriters
• Advise clients and underwriters on points of principle and policy wordings
On successful completion of the course, students will have:
• An understanding of the principles of Marine Insurance and the commercial context in which they operate;
• The ability to analyse practical problems and a capacity for independent study;
• The ability to apply the knowledge gained to problems that arise in practice
Module 1 - Principles of marine Insurance Law
Module 2 – Special Categories of Marine Insurance Cover
Module 3 – P&I Clubs and Mutual Insurance
Module 4 – Marine Reinsurance
Module 5 – Claims
• Maritime and insurance personnel who desire to have a formal academic qualification
• Relative newcomers in either shipping or insurance aspiring to increase their knowledge
• Experienced practitioners needing to deepen their expertise and understanding of the law relating to marine insurance
• Senior ship officers requiring to broaden their professional competence and lay the foundations for future careers ashore
Delivered by online tutored distance learning, this programme allows you to study and gain knowledge without disrupting your normal work
You will have access to all course materials, expert tutorial support and peer networking using our online learning management system.
Ready to apply?
Do not delay your application – you may qualify for an early enrolment discount, and some courses have a maximum number of participants. Our online application form securely accepts payment by credit card in either £, $ or €, or we will invoice you or your employer for payment by bank transfer.
If paid on or before 02 Jul 2017: £5050 / US$6565
If paid after 02 Jul 2017: £5450 / US$7085