Innovative integration of the legal and the constitutional, the contemporary and the historical. Opportunity to work on an individual and small-group basis with internationally leading scholars in the fields of legal, constitutional and historical research.
MLitt in Legal and Constitutional Studies
• Innovative integration of the legal and the constitutional, the contemporary and the historical.
• Opportunity to work on an individual and small-group basis with internationally leading scholars in the fields of legal, constitutional and historical research.
• Flexible nature of the programme makes it suitable both for those wishing to go on to doctoral research and for those wishing only to take a year’s specialist study.
• Fosters analytical expertise and the development of independent research skills.
• Participation in a very large and lively community of postgraduate students of History and of International Relations
The University of St Andrews, as a small institution with a strong unified academic community, is exceptionally well placed to offer students the benefits of interdisciplinary studies. In the contemporary complex world students need to be prepared to call upon a strong background incorporating skills and a wider academic knowledge which crosses the boundaries of the traditional subject silos. Students taking one of our interdisciplinary degrees can be exposed to excellent academic researchers at the forefront of their discipline and will benefit from the rich dialogue that results from a diverse postgraduate class setting.
Graduates from these programmes can expect to have developed effective communication skills, intercultural understanding and the ability to critically analyse information to solve complex interdisciplinary problems. These strengths are valued by future employers and are equally valuable to those wishing to pursue a research career with an interdisciplinary aspect.
* Unique opportunities to study interdisciplinary subjects in an environment where academics regularly exchange ideas and develop interdisciplinary debate through a vibrant and active seminar, workshop and conference programme.
* An excellent Special Collections library resource.
* Our teaching arises from a foundation of world-class research.
* In our historic town, the academic disciplines are nestled side-by-side stimulating a thriving environment of intellectual discussion between postgraduates, undergraduates and academic staff.