This Master’s offers future managers the appropriate expertise to recognise international business opportunities and to design and implement international business strategy, taking into account the key elements of international management (marketing, finance, human resources, etc) of each country.
The programme trains participants to become specialists in international business management by emphasising the uniqueness of the global geographical areas and developing the necessary skills for working in multicultural teams.
• Module: Advanced Topics in Global Management
- International Strategy
- International Marketing
- International HH.RR and Career Development
- International Economics and Law
- International Finance and Tax Systems
• Module: Doing Business in International Markets
- Doing Business in Asia
- Doing Business in Ibero America
- Doing Business in Europe
- Doing Business in US/Canada, Africa and Oceania
• Module: Sustainability and responsible innovation in an interconnected world
• Module: Internship
• Module: Final Thesis
Total: 60 ECTS
Graduates of this programme are provided with the skills to assume responsibilities in:
- Multinational companies with international experience – in all areas and operational levels
- Small and medium-sized enterprises with an international vocation – mainly in general management and international departments
- Private consultancy or advisory services, foreign trade, international departments, overseas branches of banks, or official trade representatives
- Public or semi-public institutions supporting internationalisation: chambers of commerce, support institutions of internalisation (ICEX, governments, etc).
The Deusto Business School Career Services Department aims to foster contact with business and equip participants in the official Master’s programmes with tools to improve their employability.
The MSc in International Business is an official one-year programme taught in English. Its aim is to train specialists in global business management and covers the fields of finance and accounting, marketing, operations, human resources and strategic management.
Globalization of the economy is a tangible reality nowadays. Hence the need for companies to develop a strategy for internationalization in order to safeguard their competitiveness in global environments. In this sense the MSc in International Business arises from the need to train future managers in worldwide companies operating at an international level.
This programme contributes in a decisive way to a wider specialization for graduates in International Business, Management and Business Administration, and such like, who have acquired a more generalized training during their studies. The skills that students develop with this Master’s Degree are substantially those of an advanced post-graduate level. This training is complemented by applying these skills to the analysis and resolution of practical cases which might arise during their professional activity. The studies focus on a participatory methodology which addresses different situations that are at all times applicable to the reality of the company.
Once the programme is achieved the student will reach an academic level that will allow him or her a solid placement in their specific fields as general manager, marketing manager, operations manager, human resources manager or managing director in an international corporation.
The programme offers the chance to do an Erasmus+ Exchange during the second semester. Current opportunities include 3 Erasmus agreements at world-class universities:
· Copenhagen Business School
· University of Amsterdam
· Goethe University Frankfurt
*Keep in mind that international applicants interested in an Erasmus Exchange must apply before May 31stand provide all the required documentation before July 10th in order to formalize the enrolment during July.
The MSc in International Business offers students advanced knowledge of basic aspects on how to manage an international company.
The programme consists of 60 credits given throughout two semesters (an academic term), namely: 32.5 credits in compulsory subjects, 17.5 optional credits and 10 End-of-Term project credits. All compulsory-subject credits are given taking into account their core curriculum during the first semester. The optional courses are focused on specialization according to student’s own interests, and take place during the second semester, including the Master’s End-of-Term project.
Core Subjects (30 credits)
– International Strategy
– Global Supply Chain Management
– Multinational Accounting
– Multinational Financial Management
– Global Marketing
– International Human Resource Management
– Legal Aspects of Global Business
– Research Methods for International Business (2.5 credits)
Elective Subjects (17.5 credits)
Master Thesis (10 credits)
Tuition fees for graduate programmes are set annually by the Government of Catalonia and the University of Barcelona and there are different rates for EU and non-EU students. Please note that the tuition fees for the academic year 2018-2019 have not yet been set. Students with a degree awarded outside Spain should pay €218.15 when they apply for admission.
This master explores the main components of marketing decision-making from both a theoretical and pragmatic perspective, helping students to develop the competences required to make effective marketing choices and providing insight into analytical, strategic and operational areas. Focusing on the development of critical-thinking and executive skills, this program will deliver solutions for marketing challenges while developing the student’s understanding of marketing practice.
Markets are ever-changing, with increasingly sophisticated consumers. Now more than ever, companies require innovative, qualified marketing experts to implement creative changes. From effective use of social media marketing to understanding your target audience, this program explores modern marketing methods and theories from various perspectives, giving you an insight into how marketing decisions relate to the analytical, strategic and operational areas of a business.
The Master in Marketing (60 ECTS) is a one-year program, divided into three terms. Each term comprises four courses (4 ECTS each) and one seminar (2 ECTS). Throughout the year, students are also exposed to real-life case studies, games and business simulations. In order to graduate, participants must also complete a business plan (6 ECTS).
The program develops a comprehensive view of the role of marketing in companies and how fundamental it is in driving companies’ success by creating competitive marketing strategies. Students will also:
1. Investigate the impact of political, economic, sociocultural and physical environments in marketing practice and how to manage this.
2. Understand the relationship between the customer and the company.
3. Learn analytical, strategic and operational marketing competencies.
4. Study the major processes within marketing through case studies and class discussion.