Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
School of Mathematics, Computer Science & Engineering
Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Library & Information Science courses, research and related activities are offered and supported at City by the School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering.
The two Schools have been working closely together for some time, and have merged to form a single new School to further strengthen our research collaboration and to share teaching activities. Both Computer Science and Engineering are underpinned by mathematics and Engineering increasingly makes use of advanced computer science. Therefore the merger will bring exciting new opportunities for working closely together.
The Schools comprise six dedicated departments, as well as specialist research centres and groups, supported by professional services. You can find information relating to our courses, research, staff, facilities and events on the pages of these units: http://www.city.ac.uk/mathematics-computer-science-engineering/about
Facts about the School:
* Engineering was at the heart of City's foundation in 1894. Mechanical and Electrical Engineering were two of the first departments formed.
* City was the first to offer courses in Aeronautical (now commonly known as Aerospace) Engineering in the UK (1909).
* The School is ranked 18th in the UK for Electrical and Electronic Engineering by the Guardian University Guide 2013.
* The School holds accreditation from BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT, Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) and Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing (SAP).
* The School is ranked in the top 200 in the world for Computer Science and Information Systems by Top Universities 2014.
Open Evenings in 2014
• Wednesday 19 November
Open Evenings in 2015
• Monday 11 May
• Wednesday 10 June
To book your place, visit this page: http://www.city.ac.uk/engineering-maths/postgraduate
Facts about City
* City currently has around 16,500 students (35% at postgraduate level) from more than 150 countries and staff from over 50 countries.
* More than 130,000 former students from over 180 countries are members of the City Alumni Network.
Our location in the heart of London
* See how close City is to London's major institutions & landmarks: http://www.city.ac.uk/about/facts-and-achievements
Our commitment to academic excellence
* We are in the top 5% of world universities according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2012.
* We are ranked 29th in the UK in the Times Higher Education Table of Tables 2012.
* We have 15 areas of academic activity where our research was assessed as being of a quality comparable with the very best in the world by the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE).
* Around 35% of our students are on postgraduate or research programmes.
* We are the first UK University Student Centre to receive the Service Mark Quality Standard from the Institute of Customer Service.
Our focus on business and the professions
* City's Sir John Cass Business School is ranked as the 4th best in the UK, 13th in Europe over the past three years and in the top 1% in the world by the Financial Times (2011/12).
* Our Business and Management courses are ranked 1st in London and 2nd in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2013).
* Our Nursing courses are ranked 1st in London and 14th in the UK by both the Guardian University Guide 2013 and the Times Good University Guide 2013.
* The Sunday Times University Guide 2013 places us 9th in the UK for graduate-level jobs and 12th overall in the graduate employment category.
Back to results
City, University of London
All Course Types
All Study Types
All Start Terms
Develop the advanced practical skills and theoretical knowledge you need to pursue your career ambitions as a mechanical engineer. Read more
With the MSc Air Safety Management you can align, develop or transform your career. Study across several locations on this industry-recognised global programme. Read more
With the MSc Air Transport Management you can align, develop or transform your career. Study across several locations on this industry-recognised global programme. Read more
With the MSc Aircraft Maintenance Management you can align, develop or transform your career. Study across several locations on this industry-recognised global programme. Read more
Designed for current and future airport managers, this world-class academic postgraduate degree will provide you with the skills and knowledge to develop your career in today’s vibrant airport industry. Read more
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming society and is sought after by industry, government and academia. City's practical MSc trains you in cutting-edge nature-inspired Artificial Intelligence in London. Read more
With the MSc Business Systems Analysis and Design course at City you can unravel a business system and prepare to work as an analyst within the industry. Read more
Develop your knowledge, design and analysis skills, engage with modern challenges in structural engineering and transform your professional profile with this accredited technical MSc in Civil Engineering Structures. Read more
Supported by the Royal Academy of Engineering, this MSc in Civil Engineering Structures (Nuclear Power Plants) is the only accredited course in the UK in this critical area. Read more
Develop specialist technical skills for a career in the Computer Games Industry with City's leading Computer Games Technology MSc. Read more
Equip yourself with the construction knowledge and management skills to successfully manage major complex construction projects or develop your business in construction management. Read more
Develop an in-depth understanding of Cyber Security from leading experts in the field, whilst practising ethical hacking, penetration testing and using investigative tools for revealing threats and vulnerabilities. Read more
Data science is an emerging new area of science. With City’s MSc in Data Science you can develop the skills and knowledge to analyse data in many forms and communicate insights. Read more
Discover real-world career opportunities in the energy sector with this world-class MSc in Energy and Environmental Technology and Economics. Read more
Gain the advanced knowledge, industry-valued skills and new design perspectives you need to succeed in a User Experience (UX) career. Read more