Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
School of Integrated Climate and Earth System Sciences
The School of Integrated Climate and Earth System Sciences (SICSS) is a Graduate School that conjoins all scientific early career stages: from MSc study programs, through doctoral projects towards Post-Doc and Junior-Prof status.
SICSS stands for interdisciplinary and research-oriented education in Earth and Climate System Science and offers you a well-structured study program with an internationally recognized Master of Science. You will study with students and renowned scientists from around the world. SICSS offers coursework in the fields of natural, social and economic sciences, as well as peace and conflict research. The number of admitted students is limited to 20 per year.
SICSS offers you
• a two-year master’s and a three-year doctoral program in the field of climate system sciences.
• excellent education, competent guidance and personal support, including guidance from leading climate experts.
• an international campus atmosphere with students from all over the world.
• an excellent location for integrated climate research in the heart of Hamburg – one of Germany’s most favorite and livable cities.
• a career support program and a broad variety of expert courses and technical and soft skills training.
• and last but not least, a graduate education program without tuition fees.
Back to results
University of Hamburg
All Course Types
All Study Types
All Start Terms
The analysis and assessment of our climate and earth system increasingly require interdisciplinary competencies. The MSc ICSS program teaches across all subjects involved in climate research in order to provide a holistic picture of the climate system. Read more