The School of Geography at Queen Mary University of London, is recognised as an international centre for excellence in teaching and research. In the government's teaching quality assessment programme we have been graded 'excellent'. Almost 80 per cent of the School’s research outputs (books and articles) are rated as world-leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*) placing it 5th in the UK for this measure. Scores increased across all areas and the School is ranked joint 11th for geography in the UK overall (REF 2014).
The School’s postgraduate school grows apace. We offer an attractive range of masters programmes that reflect the distinctive research strengths of the department:
- MA/MRes Cities and Cultures
- MA/MSc/MRes Geography
- MA/MRes Global Development Futures
- MSc Environmental Science by Research
- MSc Integrated Management of Freshwater Environments (PgCert and PgDip options)
- MA London Studies (PgCert option)
We offer MRes Geography, MRes Cities and Cultures for those students undertaking the ESRC 1+3 award (masters followed by PhD). Queen Mary University of London is an Economic and Social Research (ESRC)-funded Doctoral Training Centre.
London Social Science Consortium - www.londonsocialscience.org.uk
* Please visit www.geog.qmul.ac.uk for further information about the School or follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/QMULGeography
* For Masters Admissions visit www.geog.qmul.ac.uk/admissions/masters/index.html