Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
Login to your account
Enter your username below to login to your account.
The School of Economics and Finance has always had a strong commitment to teaching and research of the highest possible quality and this is reflected in various national and international quality indicators:
* 94% and 96% students satisfaction in, respectively, economics and finance study (National Student Survey 2015)
* 3rd in London and 17th in the UK in the Complete University Guide 2016
* 3rd in London and 17th in the UK in the Sunday Times University Guide 2016
* 3rd in London and top 20 in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2016
* 6th in the UK in the Times Good University Guide 2014
* 96% of our graduates are in work or further study within 6 months of graduation (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey, 2013)
* MSc Investment and Finance ranked 6th for Careers and ranked in the Financial Times Global top 40 (Financial Times: Masters in Finance Pre-experience 2015)
We offer a range of Masters programmes – MSc and MRes- delivered by world-class academics at the forefront of research and teaching in economics and finance.
We have built a reputation for our blend of academic and practical approaches to teaching, with invaluable contributions from respected City practitioners and industry experts enabling students to gain both practical insights, along with the theories and concepts behind topical issues.
Professional body associations and partnerships
Recognised as a Centre for Excellence in Financial Services by the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI), our MSc programmes also have accreditations and exemptions with the Chartered Financial Analyst UK (CFA), the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI), and the Chartered Banker Institute (CBI), as well as a partnership with Frontier Economics – Europe’s leading economic consultancy. These associations demonstrate the exceptional standard of our programmes.
We provide access to excellent facilities to enhance the learning experience of our students. These include:
• Real Time Data/Trading Software: access to Reuters and Bloomberg trading terminals (in our designated trading room) as well as Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation (TWS) and FXCM FX Trading Station.
• Time Series Data Software: A full range of economic and financial data is available through DataStream, Macrobond and the WRDS platform (including Bankscope and CRSP).
• Statistical Analysis Software: A wide range of Econometric software including Eviews, Stata, Matlab, Gauss.
• Free online access to The Economist and the Financial Times.
• Additional optional modules: designed to equip students with further practical training, key technical skills and improve employability prospects.
Careers and opportunities
Our dedicated careers consultant runs a regular programme of careers events, workshops and drop in sessions designed to equip students with a knowledge of job options, provide networking opportunities with recruiters and the chance to meet many banking and finance organisations on campus.
Our academics and City practitioners also work in well-recognised financial institutions leading to plentiful opportunities to network and establish relationships to lead to employment and internship opportunities.
An ideal location
Close to London’s main financial districts – the City of London and Canary Wharf, we provide the ideal location in which to live, study and find career opportunities.
Queen Mary University of London
All Course Types
All Study Types
All Start Terms
About the School of Economics and Finance (SEF). Close proximity to London’s financial districts (City of London and Canary Wharf) Self-contained campus with on-site accommodation State-of-the-art building Teaching by research-active academics as well as visiting city professionals About the Economics MRes. Read more
About the School of Economics and Finance (SEF). More than 35 academic staff conducting research in wide range of areas Proximity to London’s financial districts (City of London and Canary Wharf) Self-contained campus with on-site accommodation State-of-the-art building About the Finance MRes. Read more
The world of accountancy and finance is constantly changing. This engaging programme offers a contemporary and specialised approach to accountancy and finance, focusing on the exploration of key practical, theoretical and empirical issues. Read more
This comprehensive programme takes a close look at contemporary issues and best practice in human resource management. You will look beyond textbooks and management fads, and develop the ability to offer insightful analysis and facilitate creative thinking. Read more
Designed for non-business graduates who may not have any prior knowledge of management or business, this Management MSc delivers sophisticated management education for those who wish to significantly improve employability in middle and senior management positions. Read more