Develop the skills and knowledge you need to progress in entrepreneurial careers with the MA Creative Enterprise, pursuing start-up opportunities on your own or taking leading managerial roles in creative firms.
If you want to pursue a career in the fast-growing creative sector, our theatre pathway is the ideal programme for you. You’ll benefit from leading academic expertise from Reading’s School of Arts and Communication Design, Henley Business School, and School of Law.
• Combines modules in management and intellectual property with core modules in theatre
• Maximises opportunities to work in professional theatre contexts
• Students can develop as theatre makers, producers, programmers or researchers
• Taught by a team of renowned specialists
• Suitable for students with both theoretical and practical profiles
WHAT WILL YOU STUDY?
-Contemporary theatre and performance practices
-Transnational theatre landscapes: institutions and infrastructure
-Theatre festivals and theatre programming
-Management in creative and cultural organisations
-Intellectual property law: copyright and designs
Please note that all modules are subject to change.
WHAT CAREER CAN YOU HAVE?
Students studying creative enterprise normally progress in entrepreneurial careers, either pursuing start-up opportunities on their own or taking leading managerial roles in creative firms.
Many students come from backgrounds with considerable exposure to small- or medium-sized enterprises within the creative sector. On completion of the programme they use content from the course in the implementation of creative and commercial strategies for these firms.