The two years Research Master's programme prepares you for a career in science and is part of the Graduate School of Behavioural and Social Sciences. The degree focuses on theory-guided analysis of empirical data and generalizable explanations of both human behaviour and social phenomena. As a student of this programme, you will specialize in one of the following areas:
- Social and Organizational Psychology
- Clinical Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology
- Education and Development
- Psychometrics and Statistics
With your supervisor, you will determine the focus of your programme to suit your ambitions, talents and interests. The two-year degree includes a traineeship and a Master's thesis project. You may extend this Master's thesis project to a proposal for a PhD programme. The Research Master also includes a general course that provides an overview of research within the Graduate School of Behavioural and Social Sciences.
Why in Groningen?
Unique characteristics of the programme are:
- For two years it was the highest student ranked Research Master's programme in the Behavioural and Social Sciences in the Netherlands!
- Students work one-on-one with internationally acknowledged researchers
- Students determine the focus of their programme so that it suits their own ambitions and interests
The Research Master's degree programme in Behavioural and Social Sciences is designed primarily for highly talented, motivated and ambitious students who are interested in pursuing a career in research. This Master's degree qualifies students to conduct fundamental and applied scientific research in the social and behavioural sciences. Holders of this degree are well equipped for further study and training for a PhD thesis, and for employment in the public or private sector. The faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences aims to open a number of PhD tracks for the most talented Research Master's students.