Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
Originally established in 1868 as the first Business School in Italy, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is a modern university, which encompass a vast and varied array of undergraduate and graduate degrees, in addition to numerous PhD programmes and a wide selection of executive courses.
About Ca’ Foscari
Originally established as Italy’s first business school in 1868, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is now a multidisciplinary institution offering a wide range of study programmes in economics and management, foreign languages, the humanities and the sciences, and it has become one of the country’s top-ranked universities. Ca’ Foscari has a student body of 20,000 undergraduate and 4,000 graduate students, and hosts over 1,000 foreign students each year.
Thanks to its location in the awe-inspiring historic centre of Venice, the university provides the unique and rewarding opportunity of studying and carrying out research in one of the world’s most beautiful cities, representing a context in which cultural tradition and intellectual innovation come together.
With a reputation for excellence in research, it has earned more of the EU’s coveted Marie Curie grants than any other Italian institution in recent years, and in the 2018 QS subject rankings, Ca’ Foscari is among the world’s top 150 universities for Modern Languages, in the top 200 for Economics & Econometrics and in the top 301-350 for graduate employability.
The university also fosters a well-rounded study experience through its provision of a panoply of student services and a variety of sports activities and student associations.
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice’s study offer is divided into 8 Departments responsible for research and teaching activities of Bachelor’s and Master’s, 3 schools and the prestigious Collegio Internazionale (International College). Three other structures exist alongside these :
· Ca' Foscari Graduate School, which coordinates Research Doctorates (PhDs);
· Ca’ Foscari Challenge School, which organises Professional Master’s Programmes (1st and 2nd level) and other opportunities for executive education;
· Ca’ Foscari School for International Education, which promotes intensive summer and autumn courses, orientation programmes, foundation year programmes and other extracurricular activities for Italian and international students.
Dedicated to providing students with a stimulating, competitive and cutting-edge education, Ca’ Foscari has created an extensive academic network of partner universities that spans the globe, and as a result, it offers a variety of joint and double bachelor’s and master’s degrees and has over 700 active international exchange agreements. As a consequence of the University’s dedication to nurturing an international academic community, Ca’ Foscari also offers a significant number of study programmes taught in English.
Bachelor’s degree programmes in:
· Digital Management
· Philosophy, International and Economic Studies
· Business administration (Business Administration and Management Curriculum)
· Economics and Business (Economics, Markets and Finance Curriculum)
Master’s degrees programmes in :
· Global Development and Entrepreneurship
· Conservation Science and Technology for Cultural Heritage
· Comparative International Relations (International and Cross-Cultural Relations Curriculum)
· Computer Science
· Economics and Finance (Economics- QEM Curriculum/ Finance Curriculum)
· Environmental Sciences (Global Environmental Change Curriculum)
· European, American and Postcolonial Language and Literature (American Studies Curriculum / English Studies Curriculum)
· Language Sciences (Language Science Curriculum)
· Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials;
· Sustainable Chemistry and Technologies (Environment, Sustainable Chemistry and Technologies Curriculum)
To have a general overview of all Degree Programmes (both Italian- and English-taught) visit this page
In order to strengthen the presence of international students and to enrich its global community , Ca’ Foscari is offering talented international students financial assistance in two forms:
• tuition fee waivers–full exemption from payment of university tuition and fees
• one-time scholarships of 5,000 EUR/each
For more information, please visit the webpage
· Email address [email protected]
· Instagram - student life in Venice
· Instagram - Ca' Foscari Official Page
Back to results
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
All Course Types
All Study Types
All Start Terms
This programme is taught entirely in English and trains experts in cultural heritage conservation with a strong interdisciplinary approach (chemistry, physics, biology, computer science, geology) and emphasises hands-on experience with innovative conservation technologies. Read more
Offered jointly with the Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3 (UPVM) and in collaboration with the Université de Strasbourg, Sousse and Meknès, this master’s degree programme gives you an in-depth knowledge of the countries along the south shore of the Mediterranean and their interaction with Europe. Read more
Would you like to become an economist, work in institutions supporting market regulators, become a risk manager or specialise in economic financial consultancy? This course offers different curricula to sharpen your economic and financial knowledge. Read more
Do you want to work in the field of artistic heritage and cultural management? This programme trains you to understand the nature and processes of cultural production, interconnecting the professional worlds of management and culture. Read more
This programme allows you to deepen your knowledge and understanding of the languages, literatures, and cultures of European and American postcolonial countries according to the curriculum you choose. Read more
This programme offers you an advanced command of one of a range of foreign languages, including Albanian, Arabic, Czech, English, French, German, Italian Sign Language (LIS, including tactile sign language), modern Greek, Polish, Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbo-Croatian and Spanish. Read more
This programme allows you to achieve proficiency in an Asian or North African language and helps you acquire an in-depth knowledge of the economic, legal, historical and political aspects of the relevant geographical area. Read more
If you are interested in nanotechnologies, then this programme provides you with a strong multidisciplinary training in material science, chemistry and biology that will allow you to become an expert in the design and synthesis of new bio/nanomaterials. Read more