In a globalised and internationalised world, organisations and individuals can no longer afford to view commerce from the confines of one jurisdiction and market. From 2015, UWA will offer a Master in International Commercial Law, a course designed to equip you for success in today’s world.
Course description, features and facilities
The courses are suitable for those who wish to access opportunities where business and law meet and are applicable both to the current law practitioner and those in other fields.
Learning from internationally respected experts with an extensive and wide range of experience, you will develop a sound understanding of the legal aspects of finance, sales, shipping and other commercial transactions.
The course commences with core units which provide a solid foundation in the key areas of law relating to trade, sales, shipping and finance.
You will then have the opportunity to specialise in areas which relate to your specific
interest including WTO law, commercial arbitration and dispute resolution. Back to top
The course comprise of 48 credit points. The core units which make the first semester of the Masters consist of:
- Foundations of International Commercial Law (6 points)
- International Shipping Law (6 points)
- International Trade Financing (6 points)
- International Sales Law (6 points)
Masters students then take electives to the value of 24 points from a range of units including:
- International Commercial Arbitration (6 points)
- International Oil and Gas Law (6 points)
- World Trade Organisation Law (6 points)
- International Commercial Mediation- Law and Practice (6 points)
- Global Finance Law (6 points)
- Research Paper (6 points)
- Research Paper providing a pathway to Doctoral studies (12 points)
- Up to two units from the Master of Laws (LLM)
Additional information regarding the course structure can be found in the Postgraduate International Commercial Law course brochure.
Further information will be available via the University Online Handbooks from November 2014.
The course opens career opportunities where international law and business are present.