ENGINEERING THE FUNCTIONAL RESTORATION OF TISSUES AND ORGANS. Combine fundamental disciplines such as stem cell biology, materials science and biomechanics with more applied disciplines such as cell therapy, implantations and imaging.
ENGINEERING THE FUNCTIONAL RESTORATION OF TISSUES AND ORGANS
Combine fundamental disciplines such as stem cell biology, materials science and biomechanics with more applied disciplines such as cell therapy, implantations and imaging. New collaborations amongst these disciplines assist in innovation in fundamental life sciences research but also in new patient therapies and clinical applications with the ultimate goal to restore lost tissue or organ function. Sounds interesting? Join our programme!
GAIN DEEPER INSIGHT THROUGH A UNIQUE COLLABORATION
Do you want contribute to current and future health care applications? Join the rapidly emerging field of regenerative medicine! Become a multidisciplinary scientists and help stimulate research at the interface between biomedical sciences, engineering and clinical application.
Regenerative Medicine and Technology is a cooperation between Utrecht University, the University Medical Center Utrecht and the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). The combined expertise, various state-of-the-art laboratories and research groups equip you with an understanding of processes ranging from specific cell culturing techniques, the use of biomaterials to computer models and imaging modalities.
WHY YOU SHOULD STUDY REGENERATIVE MEDICINE AND TECHNOLOGY AT UTRECHT UNIVERSITY
- Learn to combine a technological (TU/e), clinical (UMC Utrecht) and biomedical (Utrecht University) point of view in multidisciplinary research projects.
- Worldwide partners allow you to do your internship at prestigious partner institutions such as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), King’s College London and the Karolinska Institute.
- Collaborate to address current health care problems with a multidisciplinary approach at our state-of-the-art Utrecht Regenerative Medicine Center.
- Take part in a lively research environment in academia, consultancy companies or industry during your six to nine month internships.
- Take theoretical courses and seminars as well as master classes led by specialists in the field in both Eindhoven and Utrecht. The courses are interactive, and challenge students to further improve their communication, writing and presenting skills.
- Create your own personal Master’s programme by choosing and planning your electives and internship projects according to your ambitions and interest.