Our aim is to increase the quality of upbringing, care and education by improving policies and interventions for young people and their social and learning contexts.
Do you want to...
- Explore how interventions can improve the wellbeing of young people, their families, schools, and communities?
- Learn how to successfully implement interventions in child and youth care and education?
- Discuss the role of scientific research in improving interventions and youth policy?
Then this Master's program might be just ideal for you! Completing this program equips you with
- State-of-the-art knowledge of youth research, practices, and policy, how they are linked and how can improve eachother
- The skills to design, carry out, and evaluate youth policy and interventions using interdisciplinary and international insights
- A reflexive, critical attitude towards youth policies, practices and innovations
Our teaching approach means that students actively shape their learning and benefit from the vast expertise on youth in society and policy in our department. In addition to lectures, seminars, and in collaborative learning communities, you will gain valuable work experience during an internship and tackle a research problem in your thesis. The expertise in qualitative and quantitative methods and spectrum of research topics in our department are unique in the Netherlands and enable you to follow a program that fits your interests and prepares you for a variety of professional roles.