This interdisciplinary programme aims to develop and equip students with a broad understanding of various concepts and techniques. The class will be made up of students coming from a diverse range of educational backgrounds all of whom will have graduated in the top 10% of their year group, leading to the fostering of an atmosphere in which advanced levels of discussion and knowledge exchange can take place.
As a student of this program you will benefit from:
- The guidance and supervision of scientists at the forefront of their fields
- Modern and extensive facilities
- Interactive, individualized and intensive tuition
- The opportunity to design your own PhD project
As we aspire to provide a hands-on experience to complement the theoretical basis, there are plenty of opportunities available to you in order to advance your research skills.
- Two obligatory research projects form part of the curriculum
- Theoretical classes are provided to advance knowledge and techniques
- Opportunities for further research within the research institute GUIDE which focuses on Chronic Diseases and Drug Exploration
The result of these features combined is a program that you are able to tailor to meet your personal research interests and aspirations, leading to a gradual specialization into your research area of choice. What sets this course apart is its strong focus on the development of scientific skills, rather than mere knowledge retention. We aim to facilitate the development of a critical and analytical scientific mindset, preparing our students to become leaders in their field.
Upon completion of this programme you are fully prepared to become a PhD student in an international research programme. Currently, most graduates have continued their research activities in PhD projects. Many stay at the UMCG, however, others have gone to a selection of other prestigious institutions.
- Clinical Chemistry
- Medical Consultancy
- Nutrigenomics Scientist