Multimedia and wireless communications is a rapidly growing area in the booming communications industry. New standards such as 3G and 4G for mobile networking enable applications including triple services for mobile networks, digital television, video streaming, interactive gaming, navigation services, and emergency and healthcare applications. It is technologically challenging to deliver these multimedia applications and services efficiently over emerging and diverse wireless networks. To meet this challenge, engineers need to have a deep understanding of wireless and multimedia technologies.
This programme aims to provide you with an understanding of the technical characteristics of wireless systems and multimedia technologies. It will cover advanced topics in wireless communications for voice, data and multimedia. You will benefit from:
• gaining a degree from a globally respected university
• excellent research facilities with advanced experimental equipment
• knowledge of cutting-edge technologies needed in the real job market
• abundant opportunities to get involved in various national or industrial-funded projects
• Advanced Signal Processing
• Image and Video Processing
• Data Communication and Communication Networks
• Mobile Communications
• Multimedia Communications
• Coding and Cryptography
• Project Management
• Msc Project
• Renewable Kinetic Energy Technologies
• Power Electronics and Applications for Renewable Energy
What are my career prospects?
Graduates of this programme will have skills that are in-demand in the job market and offer abundant research and application opportunities. You will have the necessary skills to enter careers in some of the most dynamic fields in image and video communications, and will typically be employed as multimedia system engineers, multimedia system and information technology consultants, mobile projects managers, wireless and mobile communication consultants, and managers and team leaders in the communications industry.