Within the context of internationally oriented organisations, attention is paid to the comparative analyses of countries, institutions, cultures and the strategic decision making of companies operating within this environment. The programme aims to provide students with:
* An ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of international business management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively.
* A deep knowledge of marketing theories, including advanced skills in the analysis of markets in an international context.
* An understanding of management, leadership and business practice within international organisations.
* An opportunity to conceptualise real world problems using analytical frameworks drawn from marketing, international marketing and international business theory.
* An ability to critically evaluate these issues within the context of the activities of businesses, government and non-governmental organisations.
The dual award approach provides students with the opportunity to study a distinctive and internationally focused curriculum, and study at two highly respected and traditionally focused Universities
Degree: MA/MSc in International Business and Management
Why in Groningen?
A unique combination of two degrees that let you develop a 'sharp eye' for the processes in which multinational enterprises can operate. You acquire advanced knowledge of international business management and marketing theories and learn to conceptualize real-world problems. It's an internationally accredited programme, ensuring a high quality education that meets both the AACSB and EQUIS standards, which only one percent of universities reach worldwide.
The degree has been designed for individuals who aspire to a career in international business management and will prepare students for a range of positions in international, multinational or transnational companies. Participants will understand how to analyse the markets in different countries and will develop a 'sharp eye' for the processes within which multinational enterprises operate.
Linking education to research and career preparation
Our education is strongly rooted in business practice and society. Also right from the start of your degree programme attention is paid to academic research and preprofessional development. Since an analytical and critical mind and problem-solving capabilities are important qualities in any career our students aspire.
In collaboration with external partners we conduct research projects on e.g banking, local government, customer insights, leadership, energy, healthy ageing and lean operations.