If you are passionate about solving the grand transport challenges of our time – with benefits for climate change, pollution, urban congestion, economic growth and energy scarcity – then the Sustainability in Transport Masters will inspire and equip you to tackle these issues.
Whatever your background, this course will fire your imagination and expand your horizons.
You could be a social or political scientist, a geographer, philosopher, or law graduate, or perhaps an engineering or science graduate with an interest in social issues. What’s most important is that you thrive on critical thinking and have a willingness to move outside disciplinary comfort zones. You will:
• Study a range of modules from environmental policy and governance, shaping future transport systems, environmental science and sustainability for transport through to investigating the links between transport and climate change, the environment and economic development.
• Be taught by internationally renowned academics from the Institute for Transport Studies and the School of Earth and Environment. Their work is developing sustainable solutions in transport and beyond.
• Gain industry-specific skills for access to a fast expanding employment market.
• Develop the management skills to lead strategic reviews of transport policy.
• Undertake strategic assessments and reviews of transport and environmental policies.
• Have a choice of modules including gaining leadership skills to effectively chair visioning workshops, stakeholder engagement events, strategy meetings, and make persuasive presentations to policy makers.
And experience what it is like to be part of a project team working across numerous subject boundaries relevant to the transport sector. Through this, gain insights into how transport planning, social science, economics, environmental science, modelling and engineering can work together to design transport solutions to global challenges. This industry-inspired initiative will enable you to apply your knowledge to real world transport issues in the field.
Your colleagues will be among the best and brightest from the UK and across the globe. Together you will develop the strategic vision needed to help you design transport solutions founded on sustainable and equitable principles.
You can also study this subject at Postgraduate Diploma level, part time or full time.