The course consists of three main themes:
• Policy discourses and historical perspectives in higher education
• Student experiences and changing academic practice
• Foundations of educational research
The course aims to:
• provide the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to evaluate and discuss current debates in higher education research and its implications for policy and practice.
• develop the ability to critically assess the historical development and philosophical underpinnings of different models of higher education.
• develop the ability to define and formulate research problems and questions in the field of higher education.