The rapid growth of available data is transforming the way managers, accountants, investors or marketers are working. Including this data into their analyses, business plans and decisions is a must for firms to maintain their competitive advantage.
This programme is a response to these changes in the economic and technological environment. It aims to transform business students into multi-talented professionals, standing in-between their core field of expertise, such as management, finance, and marketing, and information technologies.
The programme mixes advanced modules in finance, marketing or management to provide a deep understanding of the most up-to-date methods for data-processing (machine learning, big data analysis) and data management. Our teaching philosophy is practice-oriented. With this in mind, after an intensive 12-month period of study you will complete your training with a six-month internship within a company.
Distinctive features of the programme are:
• Access to the Big Data Analytics and Technology Centre (BDATC)
• Strong focus on practical data processing and analysis skills
• Internship opportunities
• Industry links to local companies
• Cooperation with Xi’an Jiaotong University
• Introduction to Business Analytics
• Addressing Privacy and Ethical Risks of Data Sharing
• Databases and Data Management
• Finance Pathway (I) - Financial Markets
• Marketing Pathway (I) - Social Media Marketing
• Management Pathway (I) - Strategic Business Analysis
• Data Mining and Machine Learning
• Social Network Analysis
• Big Data: Applications in Business
• Finance Pathway (II) - Portfolio Management
• Marketing Pathway (II) - Marketing Management
• Management Pathway (II) - Strategic Operation Management
• Internship Report / Dissertation
What are my career prospects?
Business analytics skills are in high demand in every sector of the economy, particularly within the fast-growing service sectors (finance, retail, marketing, ICT). Typical positions our graduates target include data or information analyst, technical consultant, IT-related project manager, and CRM analyst.