The University of Liverpool Management School is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be AACSB-Accredited.
The Digital Business Enterprise Management programme has been designed by one of the UK’s leading research groups in Digital Business and Operations and Supply Chain Management. The programme is managed and delivered by the Marketing and Operations Group, which has an excellent record in research and industrial collaboration at regional, national and international level.
As a leading university in its field, the Management School has selected to partner with SAP to support its teaching programmes. The Management School was one of the first universities to join the SAP UK Universities Alliance Programme and is currently a steering group member for the SAP UK Alliance Programme. The Management School delivers highly successful SAP Certification Courses for its students on the Digital Business Enterprise Management and Operations and Supply Chain Management programmes. Students on the programme are offered the opportunity to obtain the highly regarded SAP TERP10 certification. To date, students on the programme have achieved amongst the highest pass rates for SAP Certification. Through its unique placement in the Management School, the programme also offers students the opportunity to develop operations management skills through access to a range of elective modules from other programmes and divisions in the School.
The programme also offers an opportunity for students to apply their newly acquired knowledge in this subject area through the main project which could be research based or industry linked. Since the start of the programme over 70% of our students have been involved in industrial related projects offering an opportunity for them to be directly exposed to contemporary digital business enterprise practices.
To achieve this, the programme structure and delivery was developed to provide students with a wide range of skills and options for extending their knowledge in this area, such as:
- An understanding of the impact of the internet and e-business on various industry sectors. The emerging corporate ICT strategic needs and how these needs are assessed in view of the new e-business opportunities.
- Formulating and developing an integrated corporate e-business strategy. Understanding and selecting e-business enabling technologies. Assessing strategic e-business models. Planning and evaluating resource implications of new e-business strategies.
- Understanding e-market places, exchanges and developing e-procurement strategies. Developing internet, intranet and extranet policies. Awareness of national and international e-business, e-commerce initiatives.
- Skills in web based programming, web based information management and retrieval. Practical applications of web authoring and scripting tools, as well as database integration.
- Obtaining skills in the use of enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems, such as SAP
- Analysis of business needs and developing e-business and e-commerce system specifications. The design and implementation of secure robust e-business systems.
- e-business system methodologies and packages. The selection and configuration of enterprise based tools. Understanding and assessing Internet security policies.
Through its unique placement in the Management School, the programme also offers students the opportunity to develop operations management skills through access to a range of elective modules from other programmes and divisions in the School. The following is an example of the learning experience a student can gain:
- The development of robust supply chain management solutions, supply chain planning and control models. The development and assessment of information systems for supply chain control.
- International business and developing competitive strategies for business enterprises.
- The analysis and representation of business models and utilising modelling and simulation tools for the optimisation of business performance.
- Understanding contemporary management practice and current management drivers and the emergence of new agility paradigm. Developing strategic management and business economics policies.
- The application of advanced tools and techniques associated with managing quality in the manufacturing and service industries. Improvement methodologies and ISO9000:2000. Applying Taguchi methods and advanced quality planning.
The programme also offers an opportunity for students to apply their newly acquired knowledge in this subject area through the main project which could be research based or industry linked. Since the start of the programme over 70% of our students have been involved in industrial related projects offering an opportunity for them to be directly exposed to contemporary e-business practices.
27th in the UK for 4* and 3* (world leading and internationally excellent), 100% impact and 88% environment at 4* and 3*.
Why University of Liverpool Management School?
'Learning to make a difference'
AACSB-Accredited, the University of Liverpool Management School is in the top 5% of business schools worldwide. Regarded as one of the most rigorous assessments, many top global recruiters will only consider candidates from AACSB-Accredited schools – a clear signal that our programmes respond to the needs of business and meet specific standards of excellence.
The University of Liverpool Management School works with today's leaders in business and management to prepare its students to be the leaders of the future. The school's mission is 'Learning to make a difference' and there is a fundamental belief that the purpose of the School's research and teaching is to develop students who are not only good managers, but individuals who are truly committed to making a difference. We hope that our students will use the knowledge and skills they gain here in their future roles to help solve some of the most endemic problems individuals, enterprises and communities face.
The aim of this programme is to jointly prepare tomorrow’s business leaders with unique exposure to the rapidly evolving field of Big Data and the opportunities, challenges and developments associated with running or expanding digital business enterprises.
From the moment you start your MSc you will have access to a specialist careers team which includes a professionally qualified MSc Careers Adviser and a dedicated International Employer Engagement Officer.