Marketing is a dynamic and diverse discipline that is central to the success of the organisation. This programme will introduce you to the exciting world of international marketing and will explore key aspects of the discipline, from marketing strategy to strategic brand management. The programme will also examine the challenges faced by marketers in today’s dynamic and competitive business environment and how such challenges can be overcome. You will be exposed to the latest contemporary research in international marketing to develop your critical thinking skills and develop and apply knowledge of the latest thinking in international marketing.
As a student on this programme you will develop your practical and professional skills through the use of live projects, contemporary case studies and a strategic marketing planning simulation. In addition, there will be regular inputs from industry experts and leading academics in the field, which will ensure that you are exposed to the latest industry and academic thinking – all of which lead to career readiness.
Throughout the programme you will be encouraged to practise the marketing skills you have developed and also to apply the latest international marketing knowledge to a range of live projects and through simulation activity. One of the major pedagogic differences of the York St John International Marketing programme is that on the module Project Management you will be challenged to apply what you have learnt throughout your studies within a multidisciplinary team of students whilst working with an organisation.
You will complete a module of independent study which is titled the Research Investigation. This module provides you with the opportunity to investigate in depth an area of particular interest to you that links with your programme of study. You will be supported in conducting this research by an academic from your field of interest. To support you in being able to conduct this work there is a module called Researching Contemporary Business Issues. This module provides you with the opportunity to engage with current academic and practitioner business debate and encourages you to explore a range of relevant business topics. The module has been designed in such a way that it promotes a multi-disciplinary approach, for example, you will receive input from a variety of disciplines (business and non-business) thus allowing you to see business issues from a variety of perspectives.
• Researching Contemporary Business Issues
• Business & Sustainability
• Consumer Behaviour
• Strategic Brand Management
• Strategic Marketing Planning
• Marketing Communications
• Digital Marketing
• Project Management
• Research Investigation
This programme aims to:
• develop your knowledge of key areas in marketing, centring on strategic marketing, brand management, consumer behaviour, marketing communications and digital marketing, to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to develop and implement a strategic marketing plan / digital marketing strategy
• develop a critical, reflective and integrated understanding of contemporary issues in marketing, policies and practices relating to the principles of responsible leadership, management, corporate social responsibility and sustainability
• offer in depth insights into marketing activities and strategies of international organisations from the private, public and third sectors
• provide advanced study of the key concepts of marketing, the management of customers, consumers, competition and communication within a changing global context
• understand the importance of strategic marketing and its overall contribution to the strategic shape of the organisation, within a complex global environment
• enable you to critically appraise key academic research in marketing and consumer research.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please see the following link: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/how-to-apply/
Other sources of funding
Information on alternative sources of funding can be found here: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/student-services/money/funding-my-course/postgraduate-/postgraduate-funding-/