This double degree (with Newcastle) provides advanced knowledge and understanding of how to improve business performance and organise competitive advantages in technology-intensive industries.
The 90 EC programme (in Groningen and at Newcastle University Business School, UK) enables you to deepen your knowledge and skills in the fields of Operations Management, Technology Management and Supply Chain Management. In addition, it enhances your general intellectual development, including the improved capacity for enquiry, problem solving, critical thinking and analysis.
You will get:
* advanced knowledge of operations management in different business environments and cultural contexts as a means of improving organisational performance.
* the necessary specialist knowledge and skills appropriate to pursue careers in operations management, technology management, supply chain management, general management or consulting.
* personal and interpersonal skills, such as report writing, presentation skills, group working skills, and an appreciation of working in a multicultural environment.
* advanced research skills, the ability to critically evaluate and utilise current research, and to make an immediate contribution to organisations and research community.
Degree: MSc in Technology and Operations Management
Why in Groningen?
Unique combination of two degrees, in Groningen and Newcastle, in which you will get advanced knowledge of operations management in different business environment and cultural contexts as a means of improving organisational performance. The programme is internationally accredited, ensuring a high quality education that according to the AACSB standard only 5% of universities worldwide meet.
Graduates are qualified for a wide range of positions, including:
- Operations Manager
- Technology manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Consultant in the field of innovation or technology
- Project manager for product/process innovations
- Positions in industrial and service organizations
- Research-oriented positions
Graduates are able to address the need for continuous performance improvement and the quest for efficient resource use in any organization.
Because all our programmes are EQUIS and AACSB accredited, a standard which only one percent of universities reach worldwide, your degree will be highly valued on the labour market.
Linking education to research and career preparation
Our education is strongly rooted in business practice and society. Also right from the start of your degree programme attention is paid to academic research and preprofessional development. Since an analytical and critical mind and problem-solving capabilities are important qualities in any career our students aspire.
In collaboration with external partners we conduct research projects on e.g banking, local government, customer insights, leadership, energy, healthy ageing and lean operations.