The Management program is designed for students who wish to play an active role in managerial processes typical of companies operating in a global market. Students will explore areas critical to every business enterprise, including accounting, organizational behavior, business communication, and strategic management.
The course provides advanced training in the key areas of management and business administration in global contexts. A major strength of the program is the combination of strong analytical foundation and applications to real world issues. Students will learn to integrate international management and innovation issues, as well as industry and economy related competences for understanding changing global organizations. Several teaching methods are used, including group project work, case studies, role-plays, and simulations.
The program opens up a wide range of career opportunities. Graduates have both the technical knowledge and the methodological tools suited to pursue professional and managerial careers in large corporations dealing with international and multicultural issues, as well as smaller and national companies implementing and managing international processes and strategies.
First year credits
● Mathematics for management (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Transnational business law (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Managerial economics (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Four elective courses (32 ECTS/CFU) among
○ Corporate strategy
○ Corporate finance (advanced)
○ Customer-based marketing strategy
○ Financial accounting and analysis (advanced)
○ HR management
○ Management control systems
○ Supply chain management
Second year credits
● One elective course among the Economic courses (8 ECTS/CFU):
○ International economics
○ Monetary economics and asset pricing
○ Political economy of the European Union
○ Labor economics
● Three elective courses (24 ECTS/CFU) among:
○ Business communication
○ Change management
○ International corporate finance
○ Management information systems
○ Project management
○ Performance measurement
○ Work and organizational psychology
● Business Lab: introductory course (4 ECTS/CFU)
● Field project or Internship (8 ECTS/CFU)
● Business Lab course (1 out of the following, 8 ECTS/CFU)
○ Brand management
○ Corporate governance and social responsibility
○ Cross cultural management
○ International business management
○ Public management
● Thesis (12 ECTS/CFU)
The Business lab is the core of the program which foresees the integration of fifteen business partners divided into five themed sectors:
● Consulting firms
● Multinational firms
● Luxury and fashion
● Small and medium enterprises
● Healthcare organizations
The integration will be carried out through the involvement of testimonials, case studies, etc. as well as student participation in a field project or internship. Please note that students will be assigned to the project/internship based on the demand for each of the sectors and overall student performance.
Ninety percent of Università Cattolica’s graduates from the Management sector enter into the work force within twelve months of graduating.
Our management and business courses are recognized by the Italian industry as one of the most valuable and skilled. This is demonstrated by our employer reputation and links to the business sector.
The quality of our graduates are known to leading global management companies which specifically come to our Milan campus to present their companies and recruit the most brilliant students for their graduate schemes.
Your personalized learning experience starts here. Build your curriculum to focus on your interests, or to get a broad understanding of managerial issues.
Companies tend to employ graduates who have developed awareness to issues of internationalization, who are competent to work in multinational working groups, who can analyze global markets, and those who can deal with the management of major projects. The Global Business Management program aims to endow students with the listed skills so as to enable them to quickly adapt to an international environment, whilst understanding the dynamics, and knowing how to effectively identify solutions to managerial problems in such settings.
The curriculum presents two types of courses: subjects relating to the managerial disciplines (strategy, HRM, accounting), and subjects relating to business issues and problems typically associated with the processes of internationalization of firms and the understanding of economic issues (managerial economics, financial reporting and performance measurement, business and government relations). This is done to balance traditional knowledge of management with the specialization and the development of specific internationalization-oriented skills. The ourses intend to develop the capability to work in different social and cultural contexts, and to review, develop and implement the issues that typically arise when firms go global.
Graduates from the Global Business Management program are exposed to a wide range of career opportunities.
Graduates will have both the technical knowledge and the methodological tools suited to pursue professional and managerial careers in large multinational, domestically owned corporations and international institutions. Yet their learning of abilities of how to deal with international and multicultural issues should also enable them to work within smaller companies, where flexibility and the ability to adapt comes first. Graduates from the program are given the unique opportunity to take advantage of the interaction with guest speakers coming from the most innovative business models
-International human resource management
-Business government relations
-Strategy and international business
-Economics of globalization
ELECTIVE (three of the following):
Small business management
-Management of international organization and NGOs
-Economics in the media
-Financial markets and institutions
-Seminar on ethical issues
The relationship between the students and the professors is an added value at Cattolica’s Piacenza campus. Students are stimulated and encouraged to achieve their goals by showing competitiveness and ambition, preparing them for an ideal array of future job opportunities.
The economy of the province of Piacenza is based on, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), active mainly in manufacturing, services and construction industries, sectors on which the events held at Piacenza Exhibition Center are focused.
The Career Service at Cattolica’s Piacenza campus provides support to students by helping them find relevant internships and placements related to their studies.
During the Global ogram, options to study abroad will be offered. A Study abroad can come in different forms, from Erasmus programs to visiting semesters at the International Partnership of Business schools (IPBS) partner institutions.
Candidates need to satisfy the English language proficiency requirement in order to submit their application.
The Master in International Marketing Management (MIMM) provides a broad learning and training experience that helps students enter in the job market. The program aims at preparing students for a successful career in international marketing management, whether in a large multinational firm, a smaller company, or their own business.
The Master is characterized by active learning and student interaction, aimed at developing individual skills of analysis and decision-making. In particular, the traditional teaching methods will be integrated by the presence of academics of international standing and managers, case discussions, role playing, individual group projects and seminars.
The Master aims at developing knowledge, competences and abilities in order to analyze the international markets and to assume managerial, commercial and marketing responsibilities. It enables to operate in international contexts thanks to original, dynamic and unique approaches, culture and knowledge coming from a training process that virtuously integrates the economical-managerial disciplines with the psychological-organizational ones. A classroom mix of different competencies will benefit the learning environment and allow students to share different perspectives of the marketing field. The Master aims at training professionals able to comprehend and put into action a cross-cultural approach in the negotiation and strategy development phase. The learning objectives are to develop an open culture, flexible to changes and a long lasting set of competences able to continuously adequate themselves to various and dynamic economical contexts. Students will complete the program by taking an internship at one of the Master’s partner companies, either in Italy or abroad.
Graduates from the Master will gain full marketing management knowledge and practices. They may take positions in any company or agency to carry out tasks related to marketing and customer management and marketing research. Graduates from the Master can take positions in market research centers and institutes or marketing offices of multi- nationals as well as smaller companies, as market analysts, marketing managers, product and brand managers etc.
Curriculum Propedeutic courses
● Propedeutic psychology course* (10 ECTS/CFU)
○ Fundamentals of social sciences and psychology for marketing
○ Principles of applied social research methodology
● Propedeutic economics course** (10 ECTS/CFU)
○ Fundamentals of business and management
○ Principles of marketing
* Those courses should be considered mandatory only for students coming from faculties other than Psychology.
** Those courses should be considered mandatory only for students coming from faculties other than Economics.
Core courses (32 ECTS/CFU)
● International Business
● Understanding international markets
● Consumer behavior
● International marketing research
● Marketing strategies in an international setting
● Evaluating companies and markets for action
● Managing the international marketing mix
● Managing psychology in an intercultural context
Field projects and seminars (6 ECTS/CFU)
Teaching method includes seminars and conferences from guest speakers and practical activities:
● Field works implemented by small groups and coached by partner firms
● Project works
Internship and final report (12 ECTS/CFU)
The Master is structured to guide students in developing strategic capabilities in the search for innovative and creative customer-based marketing strategies for enterprises’ competitiveness. Students will be able to introduce a new and effective way of approaching and managing markets internationally.
Academics, professionals and key note speakers with international profiles will enhance students’ learning experience in the Master.
The Master has a methodology and a cultural approach which embraces two different scientific fields of study: Management and Psychology. This extends and enriches students’ perspectives and capabilities to understand markets and customers in greater depth.
The strong relationship among the students, their involvement in different activities and the specific contexts, as well as the city of Milan, and Università Cattolica will make the Master an extraordinary living experience.
The Master in Luxury Goods Management - EMLUX is aimed at those students who wish to begin their career path in the luxury industry, a sector that requires both an understanding of the process of creativity and a solid managerial approach in order to succeed in an international multifaceted environment. With a concrete approach, EMLUX allows you to understand the peculiar logic and strategies of luxury companies, who master the ability to craft products that are desired by clients worldwide.
Starting from the necessary cultural foundations of luxury and the understanding of the utmost importance of craftsmanship and of the Métiers d’Art which are vital for this industry, EMLUX proceeds to unravel the managerial tools that dominate the functions of a luxury company, with a particular focus on brand and marketing management, communication, retail, finance and accounting, which are key to obtain economic stability and long term growth. Our cross-functional approach is the key for future managers who need to understand the implications and impact of company decisions.
EMLUX allows you to acquire an overview of all the different functions of a luxury company so you will be able to under- stand the peculiarities of the companies that operate in this sector and choose the path for the professional growth that best suits your interests and passions.
Participants will therefore be exposed to the fundamentals needed to start the following careers:
● Marketing or brand manager
● Product manager
● Licensing manager
● Retail/wholesale manager
● Communication manager
● Area manager
● Luxury: definition, environment and characteristics – introductory course
● Sociocultural analysis of luxury
● Human resource management & business organization
● Cross cultural management & organization
● Marketing management
● Brand management
● Global integrated marketing communication
● Research techniques in the luxury industry
● Accounting, financial management and performance measurement
● Pricing and retail in the luxury industry
● Sales and customer relationship management
● Legal issues
● Supply chain strategy and network design
● Manufacturing, distribution & operations
● Product design and development
● Innovation & trends
● Basic Chinese course
● Beginner Italian or French language course
The teaching method is based upon lessons, case analyses, company visits and presentations, group and individual work sessions, out-of class assignments and finalized by a Project Work with a practical approach to a managerial issue pertaining to the luxury industry. To complete the perspective on the luxury environment EMLUX activities include visits such as Baglietto (yachts), Damiani (jewellery), Van Cleef&Arpels (jewellery), Atelier Pino Grasso (fashion), Excelsior (concept store), etc.
In addition, true to its international vocation, EMLUX has developed a session in Paris, France, with a focus on French luxury that during the past edition was in collaboration with the University of Sciences-Po. The session included not only lectures by French brands such as Lanvin and Chloé, but also a focus on the Champagne and jewellery market, with a visit to the Van Cleef&Arpels atelier and boutique.
EMLUX has been developed in collaboration with the Cologni Foundation of the Métiers d’Art and with the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie.
The following have lectured in the Master:
● Paolo Balistrieri, Head of Anti-counterfeiting for Southern Europe at Louis Vuitton Mallettier- LVMH Fashion Group
● Christopher Berry, author of The Idea of Luxury: a Conceptual and Historical Investigation
● Davide Castelvero, head of CRM Bottega Veneta
● Alberto Cavalli, Lifestyle and Luxury Goods Correspondent by Vedomosti, the leading Russian financial newspaper
● Michel Chevalier Professor at University Paris Dauphine; author of Luxury Brand Management, Luxury China: Opportunities and Market potential and Luxury Retail Management
● Marco De Angeli, Clients and External Relations Director at ABC
● Alberto Festa, President of Bulgari USA
● Pino Grasso, Haute Couture Embroiderer winner of the Prix Talent du Luxe et de la Création of the Centre du Luxe et de la Création Paris
● Paola Leoni, Founder and Managing Partner at Corporate Advisors
● Matteo Marzotto, President of Fiera di Vicenza, former CEO of Valentino and Vionnet
● Uché Okonkwo Executive Director at Luxe Corp, author of Luxury Fashion Branding and Luxury Online: Styles, Systems, Strategies
● Carl Rohde, Head of Science of the Times, Professor of trend-watching at Fontys University of Applied Sciences
● Andrea Rossi, CFO of Valextra
● Stefano Turconi, Sloan Fellow and Strategy Research Associate at London Business School
● Alessandro Varisco, General Manager of Moschino
EMLUX full-time, now in its third edition, is taught entirely in English by an international faculty to an international class of students. A key element to compete in the luxury environment that is international by nature and definition.
Our program allows students not only to study all company functions through the lens of a company operating in the particular environment of luxury goods, but also to explore different sectors from fashion to jewelery & watches to yachts to accessories.
Our program’s approach is aimed at teaching concrete strategies and tools.
Our faculty, which is a mix of academics and professionals from the luxury industry, is the ideal setup to obtain this objective.
All of the courses focus on both the peculiar strategies and approach of luxury companies in terms of marketing, communication, sales and retail, product development, customer care and operations, which differ highly from those of mass market goods.
All scholarships are assigned on a merit basis and will be mostly given to students who apply by the priority deadline. Some scholarships may also target specific geographic regions.
Scholarship value: €5000
The Master in Arts Management offers a unique learning experience preparing students to embark on a management career in the arts and creative industry. The one-year program aims at developing skills and providing tools to deal with the new challenges of the domains of both the visual and performing arts, with an international perspective.
The main goals of the program are:
● Build and strengthen basic knowledge and understanding of History of Art (visual and performing arts), with particular attention to the contemporary world and the international scene
● Build and strengthen competence in economics and management and as it applies to the cultural industry
● Build and strengthen competence in legislative transmit and reinforce the legislative competences and their application to the cultural field, in an international perspective
● To contribute to the advancement of cultural institutions and companies in Italy and abroad, by fostering interests for Art and its proliferation
The Master’s qualification in Arts Management will open up professional opportunities in the fields of Organization, Marketing and Communications, Accounting, Legal Affairs, Projects and Events Management in cultural institutions and companies. Other professional opportunities are to be found in consulting and service companies in the fields of promotion, communication and management of cultural events, products and services.
The goals of the advanced courses are to build up competencies in specific fields of arts management in order to provide participants with advanced knowledge about how to solve problems and cope with the challenges of the arts field
The goals of team building activities is to help participants know each other and create a collaborative atmosphere in class. Moreover, these activities will introduce participants to Milano and its cultural assets. Team building will include:
● Dinner with the class and the Master Faculty
● Team building experiences to know your class
● Guest speeches from established professionals in the field
To complete the Master in Arts Management, participants are required to carry out a three-months internship in a cultural institutions or company in one of the above mentioned fields. They will have the chance to be included in the Master Curricu- lum Vitae book, that will be transmitted to the major institutions and organizations in Italy and abroad.
Located in the unique city of Milan which contributes to a valuable international perspective. This glowing city allows students to merge the learning experience with the cultural atmosphere of the city. Students will have the opportunity to practice their knowledge through field projects and internships even beyond the classroom.
A national and international academic and professional faculty using teaching methods that foster an interactive and hands-on approach to issues of cultural heritage management.
All scholarships are assigned on a merit basis and will be mostly given to students who apply by the priority deadline. Some scholarships may also target specific geographic regions.
Scholarship value: €2500
How can you understand the strategic drivers of long-term success of a company?
How can you respond to the challenges and pressures of the global economy and turn them into sound, innovative and socially responsible business opportunities?
If your goal is to become a future innovative and successful manager, entrepreneur or consultant, acting in a global scenario, the Master in Strategic Management for Global Business is the best choice you can make.
The Master offers an organic vision of business and of the broader needs of the world we live in.
It provides an outstanding managerial and entrepreneurial academic preparation, based on practical and interactive teaching methods.
It offers networking opportunities with market leaders and professionals and will teach you how to leverage on the issues such as sustainability, corporate social responsibility and impact management to boost business strategies.
Eventually, through the tailor-made Action Project (an internship, a consultancy project or the development of your company’s business and marketing plan), you will be guided towards your future professional growth.
Make the first step into a brilliant career: join the Master in Strategic Management for Global Business!
The Master in Strategic Management for Global Business will teach you how to understand the strategic drivers of long-term success of a company. You will learn how to recognize the challenges and pressures of the global economy and to turn them into sound, innovative and socially responsible business opportunities. You will learn how to leverage on the issues of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), sustainability and impact management to boost business strategies. You will receive an outstanding managerial and entrepreneurial academic preparation; you will listen to and network with market leaders and professionals; you will learn through practical and interactive teaching methods; you will be guided towards your future career as a manager, entrepreneur or consultant in a tailormade Action Project.
Students will acquire:
● An all-round understanding and ability to work in and strategically manage all functions of a company, the latter seen as an organic mechanism that relates to a global economic and social environment
● Knowledge and tools to draw a sound and sustainable business and marketing plan for new entrepreneurial initiatives that have to play locally and compete globally
● Skills and metrics to analyze an existing company (family business or client), highlighting strengths and weaknesses in order to develop and propose innovative and effective development plans, as entrepreneurs or strategic consultants
The Master has a blended formula, mixing online courses that can be attended from home (introductory autumn session and summer session), in-class courses (October 2018 - June 2019) and the on-field project (internship or paper).
Courses will be grouped in the following five streams (corresponding to a set of competences to be developed):
Design strategy. Main topics: Business and Corporate Strategy, Entrepreneurship and business planning, Operations and project management, Innovation and Sustainability.
Manage organization and people. Main topics: Organization and HRM, Multicultural management, Leadership
Target global markets. Main topics: Strategic and digital marketing, Communication and promotion, Sales strategies and operations
Measure business performance. Main topics: Economics, Accounting, Finance
Trend topics: Moreover, dedicated seminars and workshops will analyze the hottest market trend-topics
The Master includes a three months on-field project, whose aim is to give students the opportunity to experience and put the competences and skills acquired with the master into practice.
The on-field project can be an internship, a business plan for a start-up or an existing company, a consultancy project or a research paper.
The Master prepares students to become:
● Managers capable of guiding enterprises’ processes and functions in an innovative, sustainable and socially responsible way, both in small and medium enterprises and in multinational contexts
● Entrepreneurs of small and large scale enterprises capable of starting a new business and/or expanding an existing one
● Consultants capable of professionally and effectively interacting with clients and able to propose innovative strategic solutions for their business