Koç University is one of the best places to obtain a MA degree in economics. The Economics faculty at Koç University has a solid reputation as contributors to the frontiers of knowledge in Turkey and abroad.
Recently, the department has been ranked number 1 in Turkey and continues to improve its ranking in Europe and the world (Rankings are available here) Students are supported by research and teaching assistantships. They will have the opportunity to participate in the research projects of faculty members and teach their own classes so that they can develop their teaching skills further.
Current faculty projects and research interests:
• Mathematical Foundations
• Mathematics for Economists
• Game Theory
• Law and Economics
• Mechanism Design
• International Trade
• Financial Economics
• Experimental Economics
• Economics of Information and Contracts
• The Economics of Instıtutions
1. GPA: 3.0 minimum
2. GRE (foreign students) score with the following minimum scores.
GRE: 155 Quantitative section
3. English proficiency exam. Applicants need to have taken one of the following exams and have at least the minimum score listed below. Native English speakers do not need to take an English exam.
TOEFL IBT (80/120)
4. Statement of purpose: In addition to telling us about your academic background, try to be as specific as possible about which topics you would like to study and research while at Koç University.
5. Two letters of recommendation
Two recommendation letters are required for M.A. applications.
A short list of candidates will be invited for an interview, either in person or through Skype.