This qualification opens up a challenging and rewarding career in social work, social justice and political activism within the diverse field of social care. This nationally and internationally recognised qualification equips graduates to work in the voluntary, statutory and private sector within fields such as policy, therapeutic intervention, research and management.
• Qualify as a professional social worker while gaining a Masters degree
• Responsive part-time route with evening study
• Designed with input from service users, practitioners, carers, students and academic staff.
Visit the website: http://www.salford.ac.uk/pgt-courses/social-work
We welcome students of all backgrounds who seek an MA in Social Work that develops critical analysis, open debate, questioning and dismantling of conceptual frameworks.
If you want professional social work training founded on principles of empowerment and social justice for the liberation of the oppressed look no further.
This course comprises 50% academic study and 50% practice learning in a social work/care workplace setting.
The University makes every effort to assist students in finding a placement but is unable to guarantee that a placement opportunity will be available or that students will have access to the placement of their choice. There is a nationally recognised shortage of placements and availability is dependent upon external providers who are able to offer a limited number of placements opportunities. If you are unable to take up a placement opportunity you will need to return any funding that you receive from the Student Loan Company if you are not actively attending the programme.
The course is delivered using an action learning approach which places the emphasis on group work and individual responsibility for researching and collaborating.
• Introduction to Professional Social Work
• Individuals, Communities and Societies
• Critical Professional Practice
• Professional Capability in Practice 1 (70 day practice placement)
• Developing Critical Professional Practice
• Understanding Social Work Research
• Research in Practice
• Professional Capability in Practice 2 (100 day practical placement)
• Practice Portfolio
• Independent Project
This programme opens up a challenging and rewarding career in social work, social justice and political activism in the diverse field of social care. This nationally and internationally recognized qualification equips graduates to work in the voluntary, statutory and public sector within field such as policy, therapeutic intervention, research and management.
How to apply: http://www.salford.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/applying