In this double degree (with the University of Göttingen, Germany) you will get specialised knowledge of international markets and the global interconnections of national economies.
Unique is the combination of topics in the field of international business and international economics, and the attention paid to the links between both fields.
You will acquire:
-Knowledge and expertise in the ways individual, group and organizational factors influence organizational performance, problem solving and strategic decision making.
- Insight into the consequences of globalisation for multinational enterprises, and the socio-economic and institutional differences between countries.
- The ability to apply the tools of modern economic analysis to issues of development policy
- The use of quantitative and statistical techniques for policy analysis and evaluation in a development context
- The capacity to evaluate critically different approaches to development analysis and policy
- The ability to communicate effectively with researchers, policymakers and practitioners in the field, to develop their capacity to work with and advise governments and development institutions on development problems
- The training in modern economic analysis and quantitative techniques that research and applied work in the development field now requires
Degree: MA/MSc in International Economics and Business
Why in Groningen?
Unique combination of two degrees, in Groningen and Göttingen, in which you will learn to apply the tools of modern economic analysis to specific issues of development. The programme is an internationally accredited programme, ensuring a high quality education that meets both the AACSB and EQUIS standards, which only one percent of universities reach worldwide.
This double degree programme has been designed for individuals who aspire to a career in national, international, multinational or transnational institutions and enterprises. Because all our programmes are EQUIS and AACSB accredited, a standard which only one percent of universities reach worldwide, your degree will be highly valued on the labour market.
- international economist and strategy expert in a multinational corporation.
- staff member with an (inter)national governmental organisations such as IMF, Worldbank, OECD, WTO, ECB, ODI or the EU
- professional economist on development and transition economic issues in in ternational agencies, governments or the private sector
- economic consultant with an (inter)national governmental organization
- business consultant with an internationally operating consultancy firm
- business consultant
- economic consultant
Linking education to research and career preparation
Our education is strongly rooted in business practice and society. Also right from the start of your degree programme attention is paid to academic research and preprofessional development. Since an analytical and critical mind and problem-solving capabilities are important qualities in any career our students aspire.
In collaboration with external partners we conduct research projects on e.g banking, local government, customer insights, leadership, energy, healthy ageing and lean operations.