MA-IR Program Summary:
The UBIS MA-IR program was developed by leading professors in Geneva, Switzerland and allows students to observe and get in touch with Multilateral Organizations, UN and its branches, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Non-Profit Associations, or Humanitarian Agencies. The program is ideal for those who want to obtain the knowledge and skills needed today by top International Relations (IR) professionals. What’s more, our on ground students benefit from our Geneva facilities and international lifestyle: live and learn in the very heart of international affairs, international organizations and diplomatic headquarters.
- “I chose this program, because I was looking for International affairs, diplomacy and several cultural issues.”-Dina M., Swiss, Master in International Relations
- “ UBIS is a great place to offer for those who need close relationship with the faculty and quality student service. The small classes can provide with more availability of instructors. As a graduate student in International Relations, I found the scheduling and activities outside of school very flexible alongside the university program. The module-based semesters at UBIS offer a win situation for those who want to progress faster.” - Yesukhei E., Mongolian, Master in International Relations
MA-IR Career Path:
UBIS provides both broad vision and practical skills. With dual capacities, MA-IR graduates will be ready to establish themselves as leaders, directors, consultants, and professionals in International Organizations (IOs), private companies, as well as social society NGOs, foundations and associations.
- Attaché, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Operations Assistant, International Organization
- Officer, Foreign Mission
MA-IR Faculty Profile
- Former Head News Service/Communications Manager, World Wide Fund for Nature International (WWF)
- Head of External Relations, International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC)
- Former Ambassador, Head of Delegations of the European Union, Republic of Congo, Dominican Republic, Cuba and Guinea Bissau
- Founder and Executive Director, ICVolunteers, and international non-profit organization
- Consultant/Specialist in East-West Conflicts
- Senior Economic Official, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)