The programme (with Fudan University Shanghai) offers you the opportunity to gain comprehensive knowledge of the economies, economic policies, strategies, theories & practices of Europe and East Asia.
The core content of the programme reflects the increasing globalization and changes taking place in the field of economics and business.
This is a unique opportunity to experience student life on two different continents, with sufficient time spent in Groningen and in Shanghai to gain a thorough understanding of the Dutch and Chinese cultures.
You will acquire:
- knowledge and expertise in the ways individual, group and organizational factors influence organizational performance, problem solving and strategic decision making.
- insight into the consequences of globalisation for multinational enterprises, and the socio-economic and institutional differences between countries, in particular differences between countries in Europe, China and South East Asia.
- the ability to apply the tools of modern economic analysis to issues of development policy.
- analytical and business skills in an international context.
- the capacity to evaluate critically different approaches to development analysis and policy.
- comprehensive knowledge of the economy, business, law, culture and policies of China.
Degree: MA/MSc in International Economics and Business
Why in Groningen?
For those aspiring to an international business, finance or economics career in or involving China or Southeast Asia, this double degree offers a unique opportunity to study on 2 continents and gain 2 recognized Master's degrees from 2 world-class universities. During your studies you gain insight into the consequences of globalization for multinationals and learn to recognize trends in the world economy. All economics and business programmes at our university are AACSB and EQUIS accredited.
Because all our programmes are EQUIS and AACSB accredited, a standard which only one percent of universities reach worldwide, your degree will be highly valued on the labour market. This double degree programme has been designed for individuals who aspire to a career in national, international, multinational or transnational institutions and enterprises such as:
- international economist and strategy expert in a multinational corporation;
- staff member, with an (inter)national governmental organization such as IMF, Worldbank, OECD, WTO, ECB, ODI or the EU;
- professional economist on development, Chinese and East Asian transition economic issues in international agencies, governments or the private sector;
- economic consultant with an (inter)national governmental organization;
- business consultant with an internationally operating consultancy firm.
Linking education to research and career preparation
Our education is strongly rooted in business practice and society. Also right from the start of your degree programme attention is paid to academic research and preprofessional development. Since an analytical and critical mind and problem-solving capabilities are important qualities in any career our students aspire.
In collaboration with external partners we conduct research projects on e.g banking, local government, customer insights, leadership, energy, healthy ageing and lean operations.