Managing a workforce is a complex and inspiring discipline with enormous value in today's global work environment. Only through effective human resource management (HRM) can an organisation truly thrive from the ground up, making it an exciting and important area of business to master for a variety of professionals. Now students who do not meet the requirements of a 12 month postgraduate course can still pursue a career in HRM, by completing an extra three months of study to bring them up to speed.
Why study MA/PG Dip/PG Cert Human Resource Management (15 month) at Middlesex?
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), our course attracts students from all over the world and remains the UK's most popular university for international students to study HRM, according to British Council statistics. This is because our flagship course covers a wide range of HRM skills and theories whilst providing opportunities to specialise in specific HRM disciplines that are unique to Middlesex.
Taught by some of the UK's top HRM academics and practitioners, this course explores the key theories and practical skills including increasingly important areas such as organisational learning, sustainability, public policy, globalisation, and development and law, ensuring that you graduate with a thorough and practical understanding of HRM that will give you the ability and confidence to embark on, or further underpin, a stimulating career.
As part of this course, we also offer you the option to specialise in one of our unique pathways that give you a named exit award in addition to your masters. These pathways include:
- Human Resource Management (Human Resource Development)
- Human Resource Management (Employment Law)
- Human Resource Management (Employment Relations)
- 15 month structure provides you with the unique opportunity to embark on a postgraduate course of study despite a lack of traditional qualifications or experience in HR
- One of the country's largest and most respected HRM departments with one of the UK's top research profiles in the discipline, ensuring you receive every academic opportunity and resource available to give you the best start to your career
- Close collaboration with colleagues from across the Business School, providing real world context to all HRM teaching and equipping you with tangible skills that you will call upon in your career
- Unique and specialist optional modules allow you to select a themed pathway during the course, enhancing your employability by giving you an area of expertise that will help you stand out from other graduates
- Available full-time or part-time to give working professionals and those with family commitments a chance to advance their studies while maintaining their outside responsibilities
- CIPD accreditation gives you the chance to become a CIPD Student Member with exclusive access to journals, reports, time-saving resources, guides, library services, as well as professional development guidance and networking opportunities to enhance your academic experience and future career in HRM
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.