The programme is designed to equip and develop essential skills required for a successful career in Human Resource Management (HRM). Whether you are just embarking on a career in Human Resources (HR) or are seeking to move into a managerial or strategic HR role the knowledge and skills you acquire will help you to meet your career goals. By offering a complementary blend of theory and practice you will join a highly interactive programme, which emphasises student participation and your professional development.
Designed to reflect the new professional standards identified in the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) Profession Map successful completion of the MA in HRM will lead to Graduate CIPD status. In addition to the full Masters programme there is the option for students to exit the programme on completion of four core taught modules and the Management Research Report. Theses students will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in HRM with CIPD accreditation.
The MA Human Resource Management will offer the opportunity to:
• Gain Graduate status of the CIPD, which with relevant work experience can lead to
• Focus on the development of your HR practitioner skills and behaviours through dedicated
• Develop an evidence based management and leadership approach to work issues and challenges
• Share and develop team working skills with experienced HR professionals and management specialists
from a range of organisations
• Enhance your ability to analyse business problems and propose potential solutions.