About the course
The two-year full-time study programme (120 ECTS) studies multilingualism and multiculturalism and the issues raised by these themes in a society characterised by increased mobility, migration and diversity.
The programme focuses on linguistic and cultural diversity issues in the fields of education, communication and in different institutional and professional contexts.
In courses and seminars, multilingualism is an integral part of the forms of exchange between the students. In the philosophy of the programme, multilingualism is considered to be of added value in the building of knowledge.
As a student, you will
• get familiarised with scientific literature dealing with multilingualism and multiculturalism in fields such as sociolinguistics, applied linguistics, education, epistemology, sociology, digital literacy, etc
• develop detailed knowledge of the necessary methodological tools, with special emphasis on qualitative research in these areas
• develop your independent research competences
• Research approaches
• Language and Education
• Organisational discourse and business communication
• Globalisation, Digital Media and Migration
The programme prepares students for further PhD studies in disciplines such as sociolinguistics, education, anthropology or sociology.
The interdisciplinary programme will open up career possibilites in domains such as education, journalism, new media, cultural and diversity management, cultural mediation, business and professional communication, tourism, translation, etc.