About the course
Taught in the heart of one of the principal institutional centres of the European Union, the two-year full-time study programme (120 ECTS) distinctively combines:
• a strong core of teaching on European Politics and Policy
• a broader interdisciplinary curriculum on European integration
• a series of practitioner-led seminars providing unique insight into the processes of European decision-making
The Master in European Governance educates experts in European public policy, providing an advanced-level training in Political Science complemented by a wider interdisciplinarity.
As a student, you will
• acquire an advanced-level knowledge of the functioning of the institutional system of the European Union, as well as of a wider range of European public policies (particularly in the areas of economic, social and environmental policy).
• benefit from a solid disciplinary grounding in Political Science complemented by an awareness of interdisciplinary research methods
• develop transferable skills (data analysis; report-writing; oral presentation, etc.)
• familiarise yourself with the working methods of the European institutions and/or of private sector firms (including internship possibilities)
• profit from the experience of a bilingual educational and working environment, situated within a wider multilingual context
• Foundations of Research in Political Science
• International Political Economy
• Public Policy Analysis
Graduates will be qualified for careers in various sectors: European institutions; national, regional and local administrations; multinational corporations; non-governmental organisations; consultancy; lobbying; journalism; education/research.