The International Master in Electro acoustics offers students the opportunity to learn the fundamentals in electro acoustics and in relating fields. The program offers a specialized education in:
• Electro acoustics
• Mechanics and materials
• Transducers (loudspeakers, microphones)
• Acoustic loads and acoustic radiation
• Real time signal processing
The program covers the entire range of the whole electro acoustic chain. All courses are given in English on an advanced scientific and technical level. The teaching is based on cutting-edge research in electro acoustics.
The master’s programme prepares students for careers dealing with different aspects of electroacoustics which require strong analytical and research skills, whether in the public or private sectors and for PhD studies or research activities.
General description and ECTS credits:
- Level Refresh (semester 1) - 8 ECTS: Mathematics, digital electronics, signal processing, measurement, acoustics and vibration, theoretical mechanics.
- General skills - 38 ECTS: Mathematics, programming methods, signal processing, acoustics, vibrations, vibro acoustics, acoustic waveguides, analytical modelling of transducers, radiation of transducer systems, advanced modelling of transducers (non linearities, viscothermal effects ...).
- Professional courses - 47 ECTS: Real time signal processing, audio signal processing, optical measurement methods, measurement method of transducers, 3D mechanical modelling, 3D sound, micro technologies, physics of magnets, materials for transducers, numerical modelling of transducers, application project.
- Master’s Thesis– 25 ECTS: Thesis on an electro acoustics engineering-related theme
- Elective courses – 2 ECTS: Fluid mechanics, mechanics of deformable bodies, musical acoustics, room acoustics.