The Rome Business School’s Master in Food and Beverage Management is the ideal academic course for professionals seeking a world-class degree programme in these disciplines, leading to a successful global career in the Food & Wine industry.
With the Rome Business School’s international perspective, the programme offers a unique learning experience and a global professional exposure, enabling participants to study in one of the best cities of the world or online. The programme’s quality teachingand networking services all contribute to make it the perfect fit for anyone who is looking to rise to the top in the world of food and beverage industry.
In particular, on completing the programme, participants will be able to:
The Master in Food and Beverage Management is a course of excellence designed for young persons who wish to start a career in the Food & Wine industry, and to professionals in the food & beverage production chain and restauration industries —or in other sectors closely linked to them—who aspire to set out on a path to grow within their organisation, to start up an enterprise in an opportunity rich but ever more complex context, and/or to complete their training path by obtaining a certification specifically conceived for the food and beverage industry.
On completion of this training course, the attendees will be able to work, among other profiles, as:
Introduction and Scenario
The Food and Beverage and Agri-Food System
Food and Beverage Industry Management
Basics of management: elements of corporate strategy and organisation
Economics and food company management
Marketing management and digital marketing
Accountancy and management control
Basics of Project Management
Human Resource Management
From the concept to the project: defining a project’s guidelines through the creation of the Concept
Aesthetic and functional design: identifying structural needs/required spaces and their distribution / defining a layout
Administrative requirements to set up a business / verifying the suitability of a location
Job Health and Safety: regulations and documents
Retail & sales management
Food cost control
Restaurant and Kitchen layout
Practice Lab: visits to producers
Retail & sales management
Beverage cost control
Wine and beverage list engineering
Wine cellar layout
Practice Lab: visits to producers
Marketing and Communication for Food and Beverage
Food and Beverage industry marketing
Restauration services marketing
Brand management – Image and Brand Identity
Food, Wine, and Mass Media – communication tools (food guides, industry publications/websites, newsletters)
Storytelling applied to Food & Wine products and services
Social media management for the Food and Beverage industry
Food & Wine audio-visual communication
Food and Beverage events and the role of Public Relations
Agri-food product marketing and brand management
Wine marketing and brand management
Marketing strategies applied to industry contents: case histories and testimonials
Food and Beverage industry innovation and strategies
New technologies: from production chain to service
Launching a start-up in the Food and Beverage industry
As part of the course, a Cooking Teambuilding and/or Gastronomic Walking Tour event is organised in Rome’s Old Town to understand the cultural context within which the various made in Italy Food and Beverage service and restauration of excellence activities insert themselves, with the aim of understanding its various formats and business models.
The Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree in Food and Beverage Management is structured in:
The Master in Food and Beverage Management may be attended in the following formulas:
The Master in Luxury Goods Management - EMLUX is aimed at those students who wish to begin their career path in the luxury industry, a sector that requires both an understanding of the process of creativity and a solid managerial approach in order to succeed in an international multifaceted environment. With a concrete approach, EMLUX allows you to understand the peculiar logic and strategies of luxury companies, who master the ability to craft products that are desired by clients worldwide.
Starting from the necessary cultural foundations of luxury and the understanding of the utmost importance of craftsmanship and of the Métiers d’Art which are vital for this industry, EMLUX proceeds to unravel the managerial tools that dominate the functions of a luxury company, with a particular focus on brand and marketing management, communication, retail, finance and accounting, which are key to obtain economic stability and long term growth. Our cross-functional approach is the key for future managers who need to understand the implications and impact of company decisions.
EMLUX allows you to acquire an overview of all the different functions of a luxury company so you will be able to under- stand the peculiarities of the companies that operate in this sector and choose the path for the professional growth that best suits your interests and passions.
Participants will therefore be exposed to the fundamentals needed to start the following careers:
● Marketing or brand manager
● Product manager
● Licensing manager
● Retail/wholesale manager
● Communication manager
● Area manager
● Luxury: definition, environment and characteristics – introductory course
● Sociocultural analysis of luxury
● Human resource management & business organization
● Cross cultural management & organization
● Marketing management
● Brand management
● Global integrated marketing communication
● Research techniques in the luxury industry
● Accounting, financial management and performance measurement
● Pricing and retail in the luxury industry
● Sales and customer relationship management
● Legal issues
● Supply chain strategy and network design
● Manufacturing, distribution & operations
● Product design and development
● Innovation & trends
● Basic Chinese course
● Beginner Italian or French language course
The teaching method is based upon lessons, case analyses, company visits and presentations, group and individual work sessions, out-of class assignments and finalized by a Project Work with a practical approach to a managerial issue pertaining to the luxury industry. To complete the perspective on the luxury environment EMLUX activities include visits such as Baglietto (yachts), Damiani (jewellery), Van Cleef&Arpels (jewellery), Atelier Pino Grasso (fashion), Excelsior (concept store), etc.
In addition, true to its international vocation, EMLUX has developed a session in Paris, France, with a focus on French luxury that during the past edition was in collaboration with the University of Sciences-Po. The session included not only lectures by French brands such as Lanvin and Chloé, but also a focus on the Champagne and jewellery market, with a visit to the Van Cleef&Arpels atelier and boutique.
EMLUX has been developed in collaboration with the Cologni Foundation of the Métiers d’Art and with the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie.
The following have lectured in the Master:
● Paolo Balistrieri, Head of Anti-counterfeiting for Southern Europe at Louis Vuitton Mallettier- LVMH Fashion Group
● Christopher Berry, author of The Idea of Luxury: a Conceptual and Historical Investigation
● Davide Castelvero, head of CRM Bottega Veneta
● Alberto Cavalli, Lifestyle and Luxury Goods Correspondent by Vedomosti, the leading Russian financial newspaper
● Michel Chevalier Professor at University Paris Dauphine; author of Luxury Brand Management, Luxury China: Opportunities and Market potential and Luxury Retail Management
● Marco De Angeli, Clients and External Relations Director at ABC
● Alberto Festa, President of Bulgari USA
● Pino Grasso, Haute Couture Embroiderer winner of the Prix Talent du Luxe et de la Création of the Centre du Luxe et de la Création Paris
● Paola Leoni, Founder and Managing Partner at Corporate Advisors
● Matteo Marzotto, President of Fiera di Vicenza, former CEO of Valentino and Vionnet
● Uché Okonkwo Executive Director at Luxe Corp, author of Luxury Fashion Branding and Luxury Online: Styles, Systems, Strategies
● Carl Rohde, Head of Science of the Times, Professor of trend-watching at Fontys University of Applied Sciences
● Andrea Rossi, CFO of Valextra
● Stefano Turconi, Sloan Fellow and Strategy Research Associate at London Business School
● Alessandro Varisco, General Manager of Moschino
EMLUX full-time, now in its third edition, is taught entirely in English by an international faculty to an international class of students. A key element to compete in the luxury environment that is international by nature and definition.
Our program allows students not only to study all company functions through the lens of a company operating in the particular environment of luxury goods, but also to explore different sectors from fashion to jewelery & watches to yachts to accessories.
Our program’s approach is aimed at teaching concrete strategies and tools.
Our faculty, which is a mix of academics and professionals from the luxury industry, is the ideal setup to obtain this objective.
All of the courses focus on both the peculiar strategies and approach of luxury companies in terms of marketing, communication, sales and retail, product development, customer care and operations, which differ highly from those of mass market goods.
All scholarships are assigned on a merit basis and will be mostly given to students who apply by the priority deadline. Some scholarships may also target specific geographic regions.
Scholarship value: €5000